The Student Room Group

How do you get over the fear of driving?

Man, I feel like a bloody baby. Whenever I have attempted to drive, as soon as I reach 20mph I cry like a baby. When I bay park, I somehow take up 2 or 3 spaces. Once, when I was pulling out and needed to reverse to let someone drive into the road I was pulling out of, out of sheer panic I just got out of the car and tried to switch places with my friend (he wasn't having any of it).

Maybe I'm just not cut out for driving.

How do people do it? For me, it's almost impossible to take control of an oversized moving tin.
Original post by Galahad_
Man, I feel like a bloody baby. Whenever I have attempted to drive, as soon as I reach 20mph I cry like a baby. When I bay park, I somehow take up 2 or 3 spaces. Once, when I was pulling out and needed to reverse to let someone drive into the road I was pulling out of, out of sheer panic I just got out of the car and tried to switch places with my friend (he wasn't having any of it).

Maybe I'm just not cut out for driving.

How do people do it? For me, it's almost impossible to take control of an oversized moving tin.

Find somewhere off road where you can just practice and practice. Then move onto quiter roads and build up. Maybe drive with somebody who is calm and collected (I hate driving because my dad is neurotic and was whilst I was learning).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending