The Student Room Group

Physics IGCSE CIE paper 42 2017 May

How do you guys feel about the exam? I think I might fail the exam.
That paper was extremely WEIRD and difficult. Every other question was harder than before. Like the MCQ was so nice but this... it was a killer paper. Literally!
Hi Amir

Yeah, i just had the paper today and it was surprisingly difficult compared to other years. However, the paper did go decent for me as I did to such type of questions before i guess. Don't worry too much, almost everyone found it difficult which means the grade boundaries are going to be set kind of low this year
Reply 2
Original post by Soham Pansare
Hi Amir

Yeah, i just had the paper today and it was surprisingly difficult compared to other years. However, the paper did go decent for me as I did to such type of questions before i guess. Don't worry too much, almost everyone found it difficult which means the grade boundaries are going to be set kind of low this year

Yeah hopefully. I really do hope grade boundaries are low, I mean I was starting to expect an A* after my MCQ. '-'
Lmao which variant did you do?
I did P42 and wow it was so long. Only like 4 minutes to look back at my answers and even then it put a lot of pressure on me.
Original post by FuryBall
Lmao which variant did you do?
I did P42 and wow it was so long. Only like 4 minutes to look back at my answers and even then it put a lot of pressure on me.

YES OMG, although i had 10 minutes, but that is comparitively less compared to bio and chem. It was sooooooooo long
Reply 5
Original post by Soham Pansare
YES OMG, although i had 10 minutes, but that is comparitively less compared to bio and chem. It was sooooooooo long

IKR! I had like 2 questions left and had only 2 minutes... lol in Biology I had like 30 minutes and Chem I had 40 minutes.... this paper literally filled in the difficulty of Chem and Biology.
Guys it was superrr long
i did the P42 variant physics igcse may june yesterday, i found it extremely different from previous years and i didnt even have time to look back...disappointing as i studied so much for this exam and the more i think about it the more i realise i got wrong!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by anayadhawan
i did the P42 variant physics igcse may june yesterday, i found it extremely different from previous years and i didnt even have time to look back...disappointing as i studied so much for this exam and the more i think about it the more i realise i got wrong!

I agree, after my exam, I was regretting the time I spend revising things which weren't even asked in the slightest... it was disappointing indeed
Reply 9
Original post by amir_abeer
IKR! I had like 2 questions left and had only 2 minutes... lol in Biology I had like 30 minutes and Chem I had 40 minutes.... this paper literally filled in the difficulty of Chem and Biology.

but... biology was DAMN hard !
Original post by amir_abeer
I agree, after my exam, I was regretting the time I spend revising things which weren't even asked in the slightest... it was disappointing indeed

do you think the grade boundaries will be considerably lower than last year?
Reply 11
Original post by anayadhawan
do you think the grade boundaries will be considerably lower than last year?

I sure do hope so... but anything lower than 40 for an A seems a bit weird. Let's just hope everyone's exam went as weird as ours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending