The Student Room Group

(OLD SPEC) Edexcel GCSE Maths Non-Calc Paper 1 25th May 2017

Scroll to see replies

In college now

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is everyone who failed doing now? Are you carrying on with education or?? Retaking
If you did the higher paper there is just a few extra topics.
Foundation level students have to cover everything previously higher only.
Looked when O convinced myself I had failed.
Yeah I did higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
GUYS HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE A RESIT IN OLD SPEC GCSE MATHS? I don’t think it was fair for people to do a levels and GCSE finally opportunity at the same time because this would mean you have to do many exams and I know people who did both this summer. What should’ve been done is one year final chances for a level then the next for GCSE so it avoids having many exams . I have the chance to present this, and my personal experience to people at edexcel. I would like to show that there are still people out there and agree with my suggestion.
Reply 1545
Original post by coldwarm34
GUYS HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE A RESIT IN OLD SPEC GCSE MATHS? I don’t think it was fair for people to do a levels and GCSE finally opportunity at the same time because this would mean you have to do many exams and I know people who did both this summer. What should’ve been done is one year final chances for a level then the next for GCSE so it avoids having many exams . I have the chance to present this, and my personal experience to people at edexcel. I would like to show that there are still people out there and agree with my suggestion.

Didn’t you get an A, close to an A*?
Original post by Black Water
Didn’t you get an A, close to an A*?

Nah that wasn’t me, I missed like 100 marks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1547
Nah that wasn’t me

Oh right. I think people would still do this. I would do those 2 papers again for fun lol. 100 marks? What grade did you end up getting?
Oh right. I think people would still do this. I would do those 2 papers again for fun lol. 100 marks? What grade did you end up getting?

C 😂, and nice , so would you agree with my suggestion ? And you think it would be worth doing a poll so many people can see this because I have till Monday / Tuesday. Not just targeting maths, more subjects including a levels, just trying to help people so they don’t need to learn new stuff
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1549
C 😂, and nice , so would you agree with my suggestion ? And you think it would be worth doing a poll so many people can see this because I have till Monday / Tuesday. Not just targeting maths, more subjects including a levels, just trying to help people

Oh ok. Yeah I do. I doubt many of those members who were on here come online anymore. You still might as well give it a try though.
Oh ok. Yeah I do. I doubt many of those members who were on here come online anymore. You still might as well give it a try though.

I mean like not in this post here , but try and get it somebody to sticky it so I have a large sample, but I’m worried that alot of people would disagree. 😂😂 I ideally would like many too agree
(edited 6 years ago)

I don't understand your suggestion or the problem that it is intending to solve.
Anyone retaking gcse old specification maths had at least two opportunities to do so. If they still need to, they can attempt the new 9-1 GCSE maths which isn't a million miles away from what it replaces.
If you have an opportunity to present a reason for another, unplanned, resit of legacy specification then you need to explain your case more clearly.
Reply 1552
I mean like not in this post here , but try and get it somebody to sticky it so I have a large sample, but I’m worried that alot of people would disagree. 😂😂 I ideally would like many too agree

Even if you don’t get it, I doubt that the new 9-1 will be that much harder than the old one.
Reply 1553
Original post by gdunne42
I don't understand your suggestion or the problem that it is intending to solve.
Anyone retaking gcse old specification maths had at least two opportunities to do so. If they still need to, they can attempt the new 9-1 GCSE maths which isn't a million miles away from what it replaces.
If you have an opportunity to present a reason for another, unplanned, resit of legacy specification then you need to explain your case more clearly.

I guess it’s just that some students think that the old one is easier than the new one.
yes it it
Reply 1555
Original post by princess770
yes it it

Will you be re-taking again?
I wish i could
Reply 1557
Original post by princess770
I wish i could

Are you in final year of A-Levels?
nope i am doing childcare
Reply 1559