Article: Thinking about a degree in biosciences? Take our quiz to find out how well you know the human body

Watch this thread
CJ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
You can view the page at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...the-human-body
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Oh that was a big fail for me! Glad I am not doing biosciences!
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
18/20 boooiiii
2007PSanHa
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
19/20! Just the question about how much blood is in the body My human osteology unit put me in good sted!
username2459871
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
20/20 at least I know I've learnt something in my degree now
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
16/20

I haven't done any science for years.
SecretDuck
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
12/20

Mostly guessed the answers.
trishaabass01
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
16 out of 20 and I'm in Year 11
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
19/20 I don't study biosciences btw. Just got the one about the u-shaped bone wrong.

(Original post by 2007PSanHa)
19/20! Just the question about how much blood is in the body My human osteology unit put me in good sted!
Think about it - 70% of the body is apparently made up of water (almost 3/4) - therefore, the other 1/4 being blood would make no sense Although, I suppose you could argue that a lot of your blood is also made of water.
2007PSanHa
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Haha yeah, very nearly said 1/13th but changed my mind at the last minute!

I had a osteology spotter test last year and at one of the stations we were presented with a hyoid bone. I eventually realised what it was but it didn't look anything like the pictures in my text book!

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
19/20 I don't study biosciences btw. Just got the one about the u-shaped bone wrong.

Think about it - 70% of the body is apparently made up of water (almost 3/4) - therefore, the other 1/4 being blood would make no sense Although, I suppose you could argue that a lot of your blood is also made of water.
RK
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
16/20 - not bad.
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
17/20 wow !
Melancholy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm only thinking about a degree in biosciences because you've mentioned it now, but I am not planning to do such a degree, only thinking about it as a topic in the same way that if you said "thinking about going to Jupiter" I wouldn't want or plan to go, but I would think about how I'd feel doing the travel, etc.

I didn't do the quiz. I think I have an okay knowledge of the human body. I didn't need to know that I can view a certain page, but I also don't think you needed to know about whether I am thinking about a degree in biosciences - you just asked the question for, perhaps, commercial reasons - which is fine, I don't mind capitalism that much.

Kind regards,

Melancholy.
Allie4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
15/20!! I'm actually shocked!
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
14/20

Should have got higher
bobby147
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Rubbish quiz.This iquiz is biased towards anatomy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (87)
42.03%
They're exactly what I expected (48)
23.19%