Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got about £1000 saved for the first term because my parents are paying for everything apart from my drinking and going out type stuff. Are other people in similar situations because i can't see how a student loan will really effect me if i keep working and saving to cover myself...

ReputationRep:
    I should have about £400 in my bank by the time uni starts. I have applied for my fees to be paid and to get a student loan. I'm gonna be living at home as well....

ReputationRep:
    Nothing! Im screwed!

ReputationRep:
    £1.50!!! lol! Not even enough for the train fare! Oh dear!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    £5.46

ReputationRep:
    I should have over £500 for the start (after train fare/having to buy a flatscreen!). Since I should have everything else covered I should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I should have over £500 for the start (after train fare/having to buy a flatscreen!). Since I should have everything else covered I should be fine.
    Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Excellent.
    Quite, SLC/LEA better move it on my loan because I'm getting impatient :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    Quite, SLC/LEA better move it on my loan because I'm getting impatient :mad:
    Don't get too impatient, you don't wanna damge something. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Don't get too impatient, you don't wanna damge something. :cool:
    A valid point, btw are you logged in the right account...

ReputationRep:
    £7500, but saying that, I have no uni to go to anymore! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    £7500, but saying that, I have no uni to go to anymore! :confused:
    poor you!! are you re-applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    poor you!! are you re-applying?
    God knows! My grades were way poorer than expected, so I may resit and take a gap year. This uni process is such a disaster. The tip of the iceberg was this morning, when I received a clearing form with the wrong grades on. Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong for me. It must be a sign! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    God knows! My grades were way poorer than expected, so I may resit and take a gap year. This uni process is such a disaster. The tip of the iceberg was this morning, when I received a clearing form with the wrong grades on. Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong for me. It must be a sign! :cool:
    dont think like that!!! i think you should re-sit and in your gap year get some good work experience for whatever you are going to do at uni.

ReputationRep:
    well, the parents are paying my accomodation fees and that's it, so from the rest of my student loan (after deducting the course fees) i'll get about £1,900 for the term (for all other costs) which i worked out gives me about £40 a week with £350 spare for other costs (e.g. broadband, telephone, freshers week etc).

plus i'll have about £100 of my own money.

i'm more than happy with this

ReputationRep:
    i have £10,500 saved up. but saying that, my parent did contribute about a quarter of that....but only because when i go to uni, i'm on my own! they wont be giving me any more money!

ReputationRep:
    10p

ReputationRep:
    I've got a couple of coppers as well, so I make it £1.83 now!!

ReputationRep:
    £0.11

ReputationRep:
    at the moment i have £10 left of my overdraft....but its my birthday 2morw so i may go up to having about £50.

and have 6 weeks until i get my loan, in which time i have bills to pay and food to buy....tis all ok thou, im getting a new creditcard in a week and a half, which will give me enough to live on till my loan comes through and i get paid! <provided i can get a job>

love Katy***

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.