Turn on thread page Beta

How much have you got saved for uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    at the moment i have £10 left of my overdraft....but its my birthday 2morw so i may go up to having about £50.

and have 6 weeks until i get my loan, in which time i have bills to pay and food to buy....tis all ok thou, im getting a new creditcard in a week and a half, which will give me enough to live on till my loan comes through and i get paid! <provided i can get a job>

love Katy***
    happy bday for tomoro katy

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I saved up £1500 but didn't spend it, that is how I went on my interrailing holiday this summer

ReputationRep:
    I have £2400 but i £1000 of it came from a bursary i got from my 6th form adn bout £1500 is goin on a new computer

ReputationRep:
    I have £2650 in my bank, I need to buy a new laptop, books and all sorts of other things I may need for university, so lets hope there's no delays with my loan

ReputationRep:
    i was doing really well at the end of term its just the holidays have cost me much more than i thought because i've paid for 2 weeks travelling around europe and an intensive driving course (and if i fail on friday i will cry not least ebcause its almosat bankrupted me). At the moment i'm about -250 (got to love the overdraft) and i've put all my earnings in my e-saver so by the end of the summer i'll have around 1500 saved up from working. My next majors expenses are going to be internet connection and my holiday and then after that jsut rent and books and........ hate being a poor student ;0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I should have over £500 for the start (after train fare/having to buy a flatscreen!). Since I should have everything else covered I should be fine.
    Don't forget your TV License, lol, erm so that'll be £400.

ReputationRep:
    I've earned quite a lot from my job this year, and I've managed to save up about £1,500 of it. And I still have another year to save money before I go to uni. So I should be ok, although I've been going a bit crazy going out and spending money lately so that could change!

ReputationRep:
    well..my savings before uni were decent (am the boring saver type! had an account set up at birth & had two summers full time wages in there)..

but, i haven't used them at all!

thankfully.. managed to live of my loan (though my parents did pay tuition fees) but otherwise didn't really need that much money. though i only had 9 week terms i suppose..

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying for my accomodation out of my Student Loan, so from that I should have ~£2000 left. Then in my savings account I have £3000. And my mums decided she's giving me £150 a month for food n stuff.

As soon as I get there I'm gonna get a job hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    I've nothing! I get paid on Friday, but have it earmarked on other stuff- a new mobile, and to repair my bike. I'm a little worried because I heard I'll have to pay for my accom before my loan comes thru. When do you normally get your student loan through? I'm off to uni on 22nd Sept.

ReputationRep:
    You guys have saved A LOT.. :eek:
    From my summer job I have about 100 pounds, that's it...

ReputationRep:
    I dont have any money saved, Ive got £420 in my bank at the moment, and I expect after my holiday in a week itll be more like £0

ReputationRep:
    I've got a £1250 overdraft Had £500 in my account but am going away to venice hopefully at the weekend so in that case it will just be the overdraft until my loan comes in!! My mum's paying for my accommodation though and I am going to get a job (if i can find one!) when i get there so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    £1800-2000

Ive been working 65hrs weeks since my last exam! I promised myself i didnt want to go to uni a poor student!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Don't forget your TV License, lol, erm so that'll be £400.
    What TV...

ReputationRep:
    about 5 months ago i had about £1700... i've now got £700 aftre paying to go to corfu, the lake district and dublin (go tomorrow woo!) andd generally spending loads this summer! lol

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I will be going to university with approx £0.00 in the bank. Even though I'm working this summer. I have yet to pay off £500 of my overdraft. :eek: Looks like I'm going to be staying in a lot, because I haven't applied for a loan either.

ReputationRep:
    ive so far saved around £2200, but hope to have that up to about £2700 before i go to uni. My parents are paying for my food and fees, and all my student loan is going on my accomodation costs. So that means i just need to have money for goin out and stuff. I hope to get a job at uni aswel so i should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    I've saved £5K for uni. I've been saving since i was 16 because i knew my mum wasn't going to be able to afford to contribute anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    I've nothing! I get paid on Friday, but have it earmarked on other stuff- a new mobile, and to repair my bike. I'm a little worried because I heard I'll have to pay for my accom before my loan comes thru. When do you normally get your student loan through? I'm off to uni on 22nd Sept.

you should get your student loan through on your first day of term which should also be the day you pay your accomodation (if living in uni accomodation)

love Katy***

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.