The Student Room Group

Trump's tavel ban

Scroll to see replies

You are telling him to calm down after 22 people have died from the exact problem we have been screaming about. This is why trump won, the left just dont understand. They either tell us to be 'kind' and loving, or they just tell us we are extreme racists.
Original post by adorable16
Just calm down.....
Original post by jameswright1563
You are telling him to calm down after 22 people have died from the exact problem we have been screaming about. This is why trump won, the left just dont understand. They either tell us to be 'kind' and loving, or they just tell us we are extreme racists.

I am not disputing that, what happened was horrendous and my condolences are with all the victims, I said calm down due to the Islamophobia.
So I apologise.
Original post by karl pilkington
The left were the ones raging about the travel ban and are pro mass immigration also proposing allowing ten thousand people to come here as refugees from Syria. To be fair most of these attackers were french nationals but pretty much all had links to those countries and had travelled to some of them. All of them were from second generation immigrant families. Immigration and multiculturalism are all policies promoted by the left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3829986/Seven-nine-jihadis-involved-Paris-terror-attacks-entered-Europe-Hungary-pretending-refugees.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4171120/No-terror-links-FIVE-seven-targeted-countries.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34832512

The travel ban is up to the US. The point was it needed to be legal and make sense. It was not and did not. It is no surprise you were supporting such a thing, but then you didnt understand the issues.

You are flailing and just like to blame refugees. You seem to forget that any potential terrorist can enter a country undetected, just like we did during the war.

The fact you mix up people who are refugees against people who are citizens just displays your confusion.

Lets face it karl. You dont like brown people and want to deport them all.
are you a muslim? I am a patriot and passionately against the Islamification of this country

And might one ask about the white English converts?????
@karl pilkington

Everything about this thread and your replies to those who reject your logic just goes to show how little you understand about it all. As one user pointed out thousands of people fly to those countries every year, to see family, for business or whatever else. Banning UK citizens from flying to those countries would be a direct violation of freedom of movement.

You want to ban thousands of legitimate people travel because there may be a chance one of them will be radicalised? Well in that case let's ban everyone from buying batteries just in case one of them is buying those batteries for a bomb.

Would you also agree then that banning cars would have prevented the Westminster attack? Should we ban people from drivings their cars?

Original post by Dez
No I still think it's kinda dumb. You cannot hope to eliminate terrorism with blunt instrument policies like that, it does absolutely nothing to stop extremism itself. Any impact it might have on stopping terrorism is rather dwarfed by it's negative impact on freedom of movement and human rights.

Precisely.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 46
Lmao so just because some guy who blew himself up at a concert happens to be Muslim we should prevent all Muslims from coming here? What a ridiculous idea. We need to put freedoms above having a slightly better chance of preventing terrorism. Fen if we had a travel ban there might still be attacks. Overall we shouldn't discriminate against people based on their religion
Original post by EternalLight
@karl pilkington

Everything about this thread and your replies to those who reject your logic just goes to show how little you understand about it all. As one user pointed out thousands of people fly to those countries every year, to see family, for business or whatever else. Banning UK citizens from flying to those countries would be a direct violation of freedom of movement.

You want to ban thousands of legitimate people travel because there may be a chance one of them will be radicalised? Well in that case let's ban everyone from buying batteries just in case one of them is buying those batteries for a bomb.

Would you also agree then that banning cars would have prevented the Westminster attack? Should we ban people from drivings their cars?

Precisely.

No it would just be a ban on known extremists and a complete ban on muslim immigration an a ban on anyone returning from Syria.
Original post by adorable16
And might one ask about the white English converts?????

race is not the issue but you want to make it about race. I said I think there should be a complete halt on all muslim immigration
Original post by 999tigger
The travel ban is up to the US. The point was it needed to be legal and make sense. It was not and did not. It is no surprise you were supporting such a thing, but then you didnt understand the issues.

You are flailing and just like to blame refugees. You seem to forget that any potential terrorist can enter a country undetected, just like we did during the war.

The fact you mix up people who are refugees against people who are citizens just displays your confusion.

Lets face it karl. You dont like brown people and want to deport them all.

resorts to the racist card so zzzzz
resorts to the racist card so zzzzz

Its what it boils down to with you.

You clearly didnt understand why the trump travel bans were ruled illegal at the time.

You clearly think just banning flights from a country will prevent terrorism, when they will not, because anyone with any determination can easily circumvent such a ban.

You clearly have no problem blaming millions of innocent people and want to deport them even if they are UK citizens and have as much right to be here as you.

Thankfully terrorist attacks are still very rare in the UK and rather than follow your ill judged suggestions the authorities will not institute any policies without them being proportional and thought through. By deporting , banning and blaming as you wish to do, then its exactly what the terrorists want and you would be aiding their cause.

By all means put extra vettng and monitoring on flights that the intelligence service thinks put us at risk with evidence and thats how the security services operate. None of your suggestions make us any safer or are remotely practical or effective.
Reply 51
race is not the issue but you want to make it about race. I said I think there should be a complete halt on all muslim immigration

Banning 1.6 billion people from entering this country, most of whom are great people, just because of their religion is something the Nazis wouldn't have minded doing. We all know what happens when you single out a religious group purely for their religion and scapegoat them. Ask the jews
I said I think there should be a complete halt on all muslim immigration

It's very easy for people like you to sit there in your comfy safe place and just block all Muslim immigration and go about your merry life but if you had even the slightest atoms weight of knowledge about what the countries are like these Muslims are fleeing from you would not be so quick to act.

99.999% of immigrants are not extremists. Fact.

Their families are being wiped out, their homes are being destroyed and their towns turned to rubble. Hundreds of children die on a monthly basis and all they want to do is seek a safe place to live. So they ask the world to hold out their hand and help them and you just want to close the door on them? Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and you ask another country to take you in under their protection and they simply shut the door in your face because 0.001% of those might pose as an immigrant but they're a terrorist.

Are you really willing to sacrifice what it means to be human? I swear to God open your eyes to the world around you and ask yourself if you truly believe shutting the door on those who are crying out for help is really the right move.
(edited 6 years ago)
It's very easy for people like you to sit there in your comfy safe place and just block all Muslim immigration and go about your merry life but if you had even the slightest atoms weight of knowledge about what the countries are like these Muslims are fleeing from you would not be so quick to act.

99.999% of immigrants are not extremists. Fact.

Their families are being wiped out, their homes are being destroyed and their towns turned to rubble. Hundreds of children die on a monthly basis and all they want to do is seek a safe place to live. So they ask the world to hold out their hand and help them and you just want to close the door on them? Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and you ask another country to take you in under their protection and they simply shut the door in your face because 0.001% of those might pose as an immigrant but they're a terrorist.

Are you really willing to sacrifice what it means to be human? I swear to God open your eyes to the world around you and ask yourself if you truly believe shutting the door on those who are crying out for help is really the right move.

yes but part of the reason those countries are like that is because of ISLAM we should try and help those countries succeed but we don't have to let their citizens in
Original post by desaf1
Banning 1.6 billion people from entering this country, most of whom are great people, just because of their religion is something the Nazis wouldn't have minded doing. We all know what happens when you single out a religious group purely for their religion and scapegoat them. Ask the jews

muslims are responsible for most of the anti semitic attacks in this country it is also the most ant semitic religion there is. Also godwin's law

https://antisemitism.uk/british-muslims/
(edited 6 years ago)
yes but part of the reason those countries are like that is because of ISLAM we should try and help those countries succeed but we don't have to let their citizens in

The Syrian civil war has nothing to do with Islam. It is about a dictator who is oppressing his people so badly they had no option but to rebel against him.

You don't have to let them in, you should want to let them in, because like I said if you had even the slightest care your heart would ache for their suffering. But it's obvious, you don't care... and most people don't care.

You cannot destabilise these countries by removing their governments and then refuse to pick up the pieces when it all collapses.

The west has a moral obligation to help clean up the mess it's caused. This means taking in immigrants, as many as realistically possible. Sending billions of pounds of aid to those countries to help support them. And lastly sign into law an agreement never to interfere with another countries affairs again unless the people of those countries want you to.
(edited 6 years ago)
The Syrian civil war has nothing to do with Islam. It is about a dictator who is oppressing his people so badly they had no option but to rebel against him.

You don't have to let them in, you should want to let them in, because like I said if you had even the slightest care your heart would ache for their suffering. But it's obvious, you don't care... and most people don't care.

You cannot destabilise these countries by removing their governments and then refuse to pick up the pieces when it all collapses.

The west has a moral obligation to help clean us the mess it's caused. This means taking in immigrants, as many as realistically possible. Sending billions of pounds of aid to those countries to help support them. And lastly sign into law an agreement never to interfere with another countries affairs again unless the people of those countries want you to.

I don't see why any Muslim would burn down a mosque though.
Original post by feministy
I don't see why any Muslim would burn down a mosque though.

Who burned down a mosque? I don't follow...
Who burned down a mosque? I don't follow...

I mean pretty sure daesh has done so
Original post by feministy
I mean pretty sure daesh has done so

Daesh blow up and destroy everything. They kill anyone and everyone. I don't understand the point you're making? How is that in any way related to my post you quoted?

Daesh are like a cancer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending