Are terrorists successful in their aims? Watch

kopde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
They kill people, get world attention, raise tensions between society and certain groups in it, manage to get events cancelled and bring everything to a stand still. And most effective of all they managed to install fear into people. I know a lot of people say they will continue living their life the same way but many people deep inside will have that fear- anytime they hear a bang or anything like that etc panic will begin to set in.
KFrostMU
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They want to make the world the old islam world. Like nazis they want everyone to be german. However killing people will not convert us to islam. So they have failed and will continue to forever.

They have not broken us, only made us stronger
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well theoretically if the purpose of all the terrorist attacks was fulfilled then the terrorist attacks would stop as they wouldn't need to do them anymore.

So in the long term, no. I guess.
desaf1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No and they never will be inshallah
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No.

These people are failures in life. All they do is expedite the day they end up dead with people pissing on their graves.

The real tragedy is that they are conditioned to believe they will end up in paradise.

STOP PRESS!

There is no God, There is no paradise. There is no hell.

All terrorist's actions are ultimately futile.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Generally, no.

Catalonia is still part of Spain.
Ireland is still divided.
The various factions in Germany faded without much notice.
The KKK are a punchline.

Only one off the top of my head that 'succeeded' in its aim was the Madrid train bomb in 03(?). As a result, Spain pulled it's forces out of Iraq.
smartboi2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
No.

These people are failures in life. All they do is expedite the day they end up dead with people pissing on their graves.
That's not always true. Some of them have actually been relatively successful in life (i.e. good jobs, good families etc) which just makes it more bizarre.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by smartboi2)
That's not always true. Some of them have actually been relatively successful in life (i.e. good jobs, good families etc) which just makes it more bizarre.
I would suggest the terrorist label is the defining character of that person's life and not their job or family life leading up to that event, because neither made any difference.

It's the same with young people who self-harm or descend into drugs and crime except, that in these cases, the damage has a chance to be repaired before it's too late.

Time and again the peer group of young people carries far more influence than family unity.

The difference is that terrorists actively target and groom vulnerable young people with no other objective than to kill and maim.
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, Anders Breivik had the most successful one man death toll attack killing 77 people against islamic terrorists and immigrants moving into Europe (far right extremism) Now look at the state of the EU with all these terror attacks, so what he 'achieved' has done basically nothing to stop this.
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Onde)
Islamic terrorists want to wage war until there is worship only for Allah. They are failing in their aim.
So why exactly are they killing Muslims as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kopde)
They kill people, get world attention, raise tensions between society and certain groups in it, manage to get events cancelled and bring everything to a stand still. And most effective of all they managed to install fear into people. I know a lot of people say they will continue living their life the same way but many people deep inside will have that fear- anytime they hear a bang or anything like that etc panic will begin to set in.
terrorism has nothing to do with religion

these so called terrorists are mentally ill so NHS is to blame
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes and no.

Individually, the aim has been filled like you said. But the long-term goal is to trigger a Muslim revolution in western countries and they are nowhere close to doing that.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HAnwar)
So why exactly are they killing Muslims as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps I'm ignorant but I think they kill Muslims as well because they aren't the right type of Muslims. Also bombs are quite indiscriminate (so is a lot of their shooting I'd imagine, mostly as a result of sub par training)

Posted from TSR Mobile
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Terror attacks aren't necessarily motivated by a political objective. Jihad is a holy war on unbelievers, so insofar as they are killing unbelievers, they are successful. But not quite so successful as to find paradise, I expect.
anonymous23456
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Terror attacks aren't necessarily motivated by a political objective. Jihad is a holy war on unbelievers, so insofar as they are killing unbelievers, they are successful. But not quite so successful as to find paradise, I expect.
So true, I agree
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
Perhaps I'm ignorant but I think they kill Muslims as well because they aren't the right type of Muslims. Also bombs are quite indiscriminate (so is a lot of their shooting I'd imagine, mostly as a result of sub par training)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would they know what kind of Muslim the person is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HAnwar)
How would they know what kind of Muslim the person is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Again, not an expert but I think the Sunni/Shia Muslim 'conflict' is kind of like Catholic/Protestant. Add to that they seem to have a very 'with us or against us mentality' - the wrong kind of Muslim is any Muslim who doesn't want to join ISIS

Posted from TSR Mobile
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Onde)
You would have to ask them. Muhammad for example said there would be 72 false sects of Islam, and only one legitimate one. History knows all too well what Muhammadans do to those who do not worship Allah correctly.
So you telling me they ask Muslims what sect they're from before they kill them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Onde)
You would have to ask them. My understanding of Islam is that Muslims are expected to kill and be killed in the name of Islam, and they believe that whoever lives or dies is purely the decision of their god. Muslims are not supposed to tell others they are not true Muslims.
Yeah I'm sure they contact all Muslims before they kill them. Makes a lot of sense.

You have a v poor understanding of Islam then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lord Samosa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Jihad simply means struggle.

If I'm battling a drug addiction, then that would be my jihad.

Stop letting the terrorists hijack the religion and the meaning of some of the words.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
24.22%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (55)
34.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
16.77%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (14)
8.7%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (26)
16.15%

Watched Threads