Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi All I am in year 9, my school still given no indication about poetry topic. Do I have to choose between conflict or love/relation? Which do you suggest is a better option ? Also is there a massive difference in the poetry between OCR and AQA?
Please help
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laboromniavincit)
Hi All I am in year 9, my school still given no indication about poetry topic. Do I have to choose between conflict or love/relation? Which do you suggest is a better option ? Also is there a massive difference in the poetry between OCR and AQA?
Please help
The school decides what to do - usually the entire school does one topic. It really depends on what texts they choose. For example, our school does Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls so Power/Conflict makes more sense for us. So no, you don't usually have a choice.

I'm not aware of many differences between exam boards in terms of poetry.
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
The school decides what to do - usually the entire school does one topic. It really depends on what texts they choose. For example, our school does Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls so Power/Conflict makes more sense for us. So no, you don't usually have a choice.

I'm not aware of many differences between exam boards in terms of poetry.
I guess i will have to wait .. we are doing much ado.. pride and prejudice .. anita and me... so they might go for love and relation????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (200)
43.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.4%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise