The Student Room Group

How much will my AS grade affect my oxford application?

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'm in the middle of AS exams and am pretty worried I won't do as well in maths as I hoped. I want to study history at uni and hoped to do English maths and history a level. I also do biology but was planning on dropping that in year 13. If I get a B in maths and an A in biology and decide to carry on with biology instead, will that B in maths impact my application much and how much attention is paid to AS grades? I'm hoping to ask people who've been through the process and have been in a similar situation. Thanks!
Well for my AS I got 2 As, a B, and a C so i think ultimately it's about the entire application, not just the grades. Trust me, I was crying on results day thinking i'd totally blown my chances of getting in but I applied anyway and now I have an offer!

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by simonenor0wzian
Well for my AS I got 2 As, a B, and a C so i think ultimately it's about the entire application, not just the grades. Trust me, I was crying on results day thinking i'd totally blown my chances of getting in but I applied anyway and now I have an offer!

Hope this helps! :smile:

That's great well done! What course did you apply for?
Original post by atomicine
That's great well done! What course did you apply for?

Thanks! And I've applied for English and Classics II :smile:
Original post by simonenor0wzian
Thanks! And I've applied for English and Classics II :smile:

What college was this?
Original post by atomicine
What college was this?

Worcester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending