Revising AS Level Product Design

Watch this thread
cameron9902
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have just recently completed my AS Product Design exam mealy days ago, and I feel that nothing could of went any better. to summarise, I am going to share with you various revision tips which worked perfectly for me, and can be used by you and applied to your revision with great effect.

1. Past papers.
Past papers are essential to any subject's revision, however in Product Design, the wording of the questions are the distinctive feature which makes the exams so difficult. as soon as you finish reading the question (and understand it), be sure to underline the keywords. These words are generally 'Compare' 'Name/state' 'suggest' etc. These key words are quite literally the key to understanding the question, as in if you are to suggest an alternative material for x application, or to compare one design against another.

2. Theory book.
As for PD Materials and Testing (3D), we used the textbook vigorously to revise for the exam. What worked best for me was to memorise the manufacturing processes (Injection moulding etc) and took a break. I then went back after a significant amount of time to try and draw out the fully labelled process fully from memory, to then compare against the original drawing in the book.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.5%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads