Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who else did this? It was b1,2,3 and I did higher...
    and I think I've failed my biology because what the HELL was that

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite easy.

ReputationRep:
    I hated the six mark questions omg i couldn't think of six different points for any of them.

and omg for the question about which country has the lowest proportion of peas and beans or something like that i wrote india but didn't know what else i could write - it was three marks!!

ReputationRep:
    I also put down India. The 6 mark questions wasn't that bad. The first one not being worded correctly, I just measured the drawing thingy of the plant stem. What did you get for the ladybird questions?

ReputationRep:
    I found the first six marker impossible lmao I had no idea what you were meant to do with the 'diagram' (an empty rectangle is a fckin diagram!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booty156)
    I also put down India. The 6 mark questions wasn't that bad. The first one not being worded correctly, I just measured the diagram of the plant stem. What did you get for the ladybird questions?
    I put Tom was right... idk tho it definitely wasn't harry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same it was the only thing I could see that will give us the other measurement. When I measured it to 2.5mm exactly, I thought it was right. They could of least said 'Drawn to scale' or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    What was answer to the greek question ? About the name of the classification system ?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is India though?

ReputationRep:
    It truly was an abysmal paper. Half of the questions themselves made no sense, especially the first 6 marker and the one about the peas and beans? The diagram on the 6 marker shouldn't have even been a diagram, it literally was a rectangle which had absolutely no use to me personally. :P Surely it's one of the worst they've brought out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NajulaBeham)
    What was answer to the greek question ? About the name of the classification system ?
    I put artificial classification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honestlykms)
    I think it is India though?
    Yeah, I got India, did you get 44.4%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceH01)
    It truly was an abysmal paper. Half of the questions themselves made no sense, especially the first 6 marker and the one about the peas and beans? The diagram on the 6 marker shouldn't have even been a diagram, it literally was a rectangle which had absolutely no use to me personally. :P Surely it's one of the worst they've brought out.
    Thank you. I thought the whole thing was absolute bs.

My classmates who are straight A* students came out of the exam hall crying because the paper was that shi*ty.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what they put for the b3 6 marker? The one with the single celled organism that looked kinda like a flower.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the B3 6 marker? confused me quite a bit
    For the first 6 marker, I measured the "diagram" and it came out as 25mm, 5mm longer than the original 20mm plant stem. So then I did (5/20)*100 to get an overall increase of 25%. From here I looked at the graph and went to the 25% percentage change reading on the y axis and went across and down to find the answer, which I got as 28 parts per million.
    Not sure if this is correct, but this is all I could think to do. I sat staring at the question for ages until I realised I might need to measure the "diagram" that was just a rectangle!

What did everyone put where you had to fill in the 3 blank spaces for the question on gene mutation and inheritance on B1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urgurlbecca)
    I hated the six mark questions omg i couldn't think of six different points for any of them.

and omg for the question about which country has the lowest proportion of peas and beans or something like that i wrote india but didn't know what else i could write - it was three marks!!
    Yeah I put India, I said that it is because they can convert nitrogen gas into nitrogen. Apparently the full answer is because they contain nitrogen-fixing bacteria so fix nitrogen gas into nitrogen compounds.

(Original post by yowhyy)
    I put Tom was right... idk tho it definitely wasn't harry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put the last person whoever that was

(Original post by Tygasga)
    I put artificial classification
    same

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember what question 4 was?

ReputationRep:
    For the 6 marker I said that nitrogen is used to make protein which is used for growth. Therefore, with India having the less amount of nitrogen brought into it's crops they had the less growth.

Also for the fill in gaps question I got:

1) mutations
    2) different
    3) heterozygous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booty156)
    Same it was the only thing I could see that will give us the other measurement. When I measured it to 2.5mm exactly, I thought it was right. They could of least said 'Drawn to scale' or something like that.
    what what

i measured it with my ruler and i got 2.5 cm

but then converted it to millimeters and got 25 mm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilio Ramirez)
    For the 6 marker I said that nitrogen is used to make protein which is used for growth. Therefore, with India having the less amount of nitrogen brought into it's crops they had the less growth.

Also for the fill in gaps question I got:

1) mutations
    2) different
    3) heterozygous
    Same for the fill the gaps questions!

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.