The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Totallynotmyname
I'm sure I read somewhere that people on the waiting list will be interview regardless, just at a different point in time. However I now can't find it..

I think you read that on the Warwick online booking system, which related to people who have been invited to interview placing themselves on a waiting list for a preferred slot that is already fully booked. It stated that those invited to interview will be guaranteed a slot, but it may not be at their preferred date and time.

The work experience email stated that more work experience forms were sent out than places available at selection centre, so there will be some people who completed a work experience form but who haven't received an invitation to interview who are not guaranteed a spot at interview - they may be invited if places become available due to withdrawals.

I suppose there are a couple of different waiting lists, I hope this helps.
It also says on the website that they hold a few work experience forms back so there is another batch or forms to be sent out guys ! Don’t panic !
Hello everyone!! I am a first year studying graduate entry medicine at Warwick - I have a YouTube channel where I talk about all things related to GEM ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxGUBhAaXk5PEGP98GQVAZw )

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to message me on here or over twitter (@joanne_m_rose) or on instagram (https://www.instagram.com/jo_journey_to_medicine ) - Good luck everyone!! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone else finding difficulty getting in contact with referees? Both of mine are based at Uni so I'm finding difficulty getting in contact with them for a headed letter. :/
Original post by nicknames
Anyone else finding difficulty getting in contact with referees? Both of mine are based at Uni so I'm finding difficulty getting in contact with them for a headed letter. :/

Is that for work exp
Original post by Rasillon
Is that for work exp

Yup :/

What's kind of difficulty are you having?

And what kind of experience did you get with people based at uni, out of interest?
Original post by Mincepiemmmm
What's kind of difficulty are you having?

And what kind of experience did you get with people based at uni, out of interest?

Trying to get a headed letter as evidence. They were happy for me to put their contact details months ago, but this next step is seemingly more difficult.

One is from my personal tutor to act as referee for my nursing training. The other is for the operational lead of a community first responder programme run alongside the uni.
Anyone with a rejection yet :/
Trying to get a headed letter as evidence. They were happy for me to put their contact details months ago, but this next step is seemingly more difficult.

One is from my personal tutor to act as referee for my nursing training. The other is for the operational lead of a community first responder programme run alongside the uni.

Hmm does your uni have a media department? Our media department has a website where you can download stuff with university headings e.g. for conference posters / websites. I think they have stuff for letters too, or you could just adapt one for a letter.

I sometimes send out letters from my university and I can usually find something on the shared drive. Could you try emailing some admin staff or even your uni admissions department to see if they have anything you can use?

Failing that ask Warwick for advice - I vaguely recall people in the past being unable to get a heading from small organisations and they could work around it.

And what about your academic registrar?
Reply 690

Do you have any email correspondace with your referees that states your role and what you will be doing? I’m sure warwick said you can print this as evidence.
Heard from a friend that Warwick are soon to go on Christmas break by the end of this week, and they won't be back until the start of new year therefore meaning that those of us who haven't heard back should know by Friday... I guess
Just received an invitation for interview on the 4th! Don’t lose hope guys ^•^
Original post by turtlesarecool1
Just received an invitation for interview on the 4th! Don’t lose hope guys ^•^

Did they give you the 4th in the e-mail or let you choose?
How’s the interview prep guys?
Original post by khanaa1

To be honest I'm not really sure what the best way to prepare is! And I've been so busy recently with work, then it's Christmas so I feel like I just haven't done enough :frown: what's your plan in terms of prep? :smile:
Original post by go-study-hard
Hello everyone!! I am a first year studying graduate entry medicine at Warwick - I have a YouTube channel where I talk about all things related to GEM ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxGUBhAaXk5PEGP98GQVAZw )

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to message me on here or over twitter (@joanne_m_rose) or on instagram (https://www.instagram.com/jo_journey_to_medicine ) - Good luck everyone!! :smile:

Hey, your videos are great.

Was wondering if you had any tips for the interview?
Original post by alfresco_
Did they give you the 4th in the e-mail or let you choose?

It was allocated :/
Original post by turtlesarecool1
It was allocated :/

Ah they're doing the thing where they fill up spots left at selection centre. After I selected my dates, I looked at what dates were left.. less than 24 hours later, almost all were filled! Except the AM on the 4th and on the ..5th I believe. At least you got one, good luck!
Original post by khanaa1

Original post by ekk123
To be honest I'm not really sure what the best way to prepare is! And I've been so busy recently with work, then it's Christmas so I feel like I just haven't done enough :frown: what's your plan in terms of prep? :smile:

I’m the same. Don’t have much time with it being Christmas to prepare. I’ve got the interview book off amazon, and that’s scaring me even more. I know they’ll ask me something and I’ll just go blank! I feel like I could do a lot of prep and be semi decent if I had a couple of months instead of weeks! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending