What's the silliest exam mistake you've ever made?

Watch
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
AS levels - text speak instead of formal language :facepalm:

vocaloid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I misread my own handwriting, 10 for 19, once an s (for displacement) as a 5....

But to be honest I always do this, I have horrendous writing
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Forgot I had an exam
an_atheist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From my S1 last year, 2C2=2 (for reference, nCn=1 for all n), which cost me 2 or 3 marks on a 72 mark paper.
Cor395
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
misread the time. thought i had less time than i had so rushed the last questions then when I realised that I had more time I went back to fix them all and had to apologise to the examiner for the mess i made. the irony is by apologising to him i used up the last remaining space on the paper and literally had no space to finish the question.
Dinasaurus
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In a mock exam for History, it was about 'Medicine in the Middle Ages' and I somehow wrote 'Middle East' every single time instead of 'Middle Ages' and I remember getting the paper back with just question marks everywhere. I am not sure how I wrote about the Middle East instead.
an_atheist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wretch12)
forgot + c

yeah, just f"cking kill me.
Name:  +c joke.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  44.4 KB
Grim_Squeaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by asinghj)
A stupid mistake i did just today was not changing my calculator to radians from degrees...
Did that myself a few years ago. Affected the results of 2 questions int he exam I was doing. Somehow managed to go back and rewrite both and get it squared away and correct in the remaining time. Which still confuses me as to how I did it as I had less than an hour left and they were huge questions :confused::confused::eek:
asinghj
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sfaraj)
oh shoot, how did you find the paper? (c2 edexcel?)

our math teacher reminded us before the exam that if we get a dodgy answer, check degrees or radians
yea c2 edexcel, it went ok.. just realised after that my answer for the tent area thing was wrong as i used degrees rather than radians there. Should still get 1/2 method marks tho..

How did you find it?
asinghj
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Grim_Squeaker)
Did that myself a few years ago. Affected the results of 2 questions int he exam I was doing. Somehow managed to go back and rewrite both and get it squared away and correct in the remaining time. Which still confuses me as to how I did it as I had less than an hour left and they were huge questions :confused::confused::eek:
oh boi. lucky you

Also lucky me because only one question used radians, the rest were in degrees for my exam
Paranoid_Glitch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by surina16)
oh and 2 + 5 = 3
WOW
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Used the wrong language, answered all of the questions when you were only supposed to pick a few to answer, and forgot my own name in my drama practical at GCSE. Had to check my middle name, then write it on my hand before restarting :laugh:
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was distracting my friends when a teacher was reading the instructions for one of the 11+ tests. Karma intervened and I didn't hear what I was supposed to do. I then sat there for well over half the exam just chilling and drawing dogs or whatever before the teacher eventually came and realised I wasn't doing anything. They explained and I still finished the exam and passed comfortably enough so whatever :dontknow:
:lol:

I've probably made loads of mistakes with simple calculations and the like when moving between questions too quickly.
bace1000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Grim_Squeaker)
Aren't you supposed to reset your calculator anyway before every exam?
Xopher_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thought 1 1/2 mean't x2.5
EpicMCutuber123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i've never done any silly mistakes because im not ******ed :stink:
Grim_Squeaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bace1000)
Aren't you supposed to reset your calculator anyway before every exam?
Thats what made it so embarassing.
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
3 times 3 is 6.

:facepalm:
Becca450
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In a maths exam, I counted a 4 sided shape as a 5 sided shape...
06moca1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This isn't me but in first year organic chemistry at University, some students drew more than 4 bonds to carbon. Lecturer lost the will to live.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads