What's the silliest exam mistake you've ever made?

Watch
chris2791
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Written the wrong name? Farted in the exam hall? Written answers for the wrong subject?

I once was stressed I called the invigilator mum :doh:didn't really help me focus on my exam!!

What's the silliest mistake you've ever made in an exam?
i previously forgot how to spell my surname last year in my early entryy science exam well it happened in my lit exam on monday what a plonker; i also forgot to put down the question number of the question asked

chris2791
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dinasaurus)
In a mock exam for History, it was about 'Medicine in the Middle Ages' and I somehow wrote 'Middle East' every single time instead of 'Middle Ages' and I remember getting the paper back with just question marks everywhere. I am not sure how I wrote about the Middle East instead.
LOOL that is so funny whats worst is i forgot how to spell my surname again
MrNostrand
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maths exam, calculator in radians when meant to be in degrees. FML.
kavindajd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bringing a water bottle with 755ml of water. 5ml above the JCQ standard.
dania.abdalla
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the edexcel geography GCSE mock exam I didn't revise the protection of the oceans sub-topic and it came up as the 8 marker and so I lost all 8 marks. So me being me, I assumed that because they brought that question up in last years paper, I won't need to revise it for my actual exam. But no, edexcel seemed to be recycling last years questions, so again I lost those same 8 marks. Oh and on the same paper I read a conservative plate boundary initially as a constructive plate boundary and then as a collision plate boundary, everything other than the actual question, so yay more marks lost!!
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I spent an hour and 20 minutes on one question when I had to answer 2 leaving me 10 minutes to answer question 2.
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I invigilated a maths A level paper and noticed the following on the screen of a Casio calculator:

ANS x -1
= 0

So many things wrong with that one.
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Michael_Fishy)
GCSE AQA Geography 2015, I'd gotten a C in my course work, so I needed to do well in the exams to pull my grade up, i finished 30 miniutes early. Got out of the exam, and a friend asked me about an 8 mark question that I hadn't even heard of.

Turns out there were 8 marks on the back cover of the exam that I hadn't seen, and completly missed. Was so mad with myself, ended up getting a B overall, and 4A* to A in total. If I'd just done that question I would have managed 5A*-A, would have gotten on sutton trust programs, pathways to law and other summer schools. Would have given me the extra edge i needed in my uni application.
I still hate myself for that, but on the bright side i always check the back page now
I did AQA Geog in 2015 too! I was really confident, I was told I had an A* in my coursework. Results day came, two A* in my exams... but a C in my coursework? I guess the marks must've all had to be taken down following the samples they have to send off... luckily I still got an A grade though
Samendra
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think mine is truly the worst, its a further maths s3 paper, i wrote 15:50 is 75 fml.
AliceLambert
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Samendra)
I think mine is truly the worst, its a further maths s3 paper, i wrote 15:50 is 75 fml.
I think mine is worse
when I was marking my paper I was supposed to find the area under the curve and was given the curve function in the question.
I went ahead and integrated the given function anyway....that's why my area was horrendously off.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Written the wrong name? Farted in the exam hall? Written answers for the wrong subject?

I once was stressed I called the invigilator mum :doh:didn't really help me focus on my exam!!

in year 8-9 i used to put a one at the start of any answer i thought was a bit small so and answer of 9 would become 109 i stopped that once i did my GCSE though
haizybaby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For almost all my GCSE exams I wrote the wrong code as I thought mine was 0078 not 0079 ahaha. It didn't affect anything though.
Gidray
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought English Literature exam was the most hilarious.

1. I mixed up the pages. The start of my essay was on the right-hand side of the book whilst the second part was on the left-side of the book. It should've been the other way around. Good luck for the examiner figuring out where i started my essay.

2. I rubbed against the chair and it made a funny farting sound and one of my classmates thought i literally farted. I laughed to death afterwards.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I far too often say I'm intergrating but actually differentiate and general stupid mistakes like that.
BunnyGirl17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I just dont read the question tbh
username3024116
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I scribbled over the bar code in the exam
username3024116
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
pitiful mistake
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In my Philosophy AS last year I put that a theory was cognitive at the start of the answer and said it was non-cognitive in nature at the end. I got 2/9 marks for that. Nothing major - just a silly mistake in stress. Still got a B in the exam.
username775001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iqra2159)
They don't?
Am I wasting my time?
In my experience all I needed was the bare minimum to get into college and a B in maths. My GCSEs don't go on my CV anymore and my A-levels are redundant as my degree and another qualification I have writes them off. I don't put the grades next to my a levels also.
AllanahH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I mixed up the articles in my English Language GCSE so used the wrong articles to answer each question. Didn't realise until halfway through the exam. Felt so dumb!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads