What's the silliest exam mistake you've ever made?

Watch
peanutbutterjam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It was during a C2 exam and the question was to integrate a function. I ended up integrating half and differentiating the other half of the function.
I got a U overall :argh:

I resat the exam again and got a B.

spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I have had my moments, one that pops to head is saying that \sqrt{4^2 + 7^2} = 8.
Well, if you round it down, it does indeed equal 8 :yep:

My silliest exam mistake was probably either running out of time, skipping the back page, or otherwise making some other sort of foolish error. In mathematics, sign errors or arithmetic errors are so easy to make.
Plus, in English Language, I think I wrote about the wrong thing....
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In my year 9 sats (years ago now i know) i didnt realise that there were a few more questions on the back of the exam paper. I realised 5 minutes before the end of the exam (after sitting there with others thinking id finished, lol) so had to rush to try and get some of them done before the end/ I still got a level 6 though so i didnt do badly.
mithi98
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
in a maths exam:
1/4 x 4 = 0 (I cancelled out everything ahaha)
-2 > -0.5 ( who cares about the negative sign .-.)
edwamblion
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by surina16)
26/7 = 4 and 2/7

(MEI C1 2017 rhombus q if u can relate lol)

(formed basis of the whole question pretty much)
Same paper - same question but I put 26/7 = 3 and 6/7
vocaloid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In the recent C2, I integrated what I'd differentiated in the previous part for the last question Don't know whether there's any hope in me getting over 80..
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sometimes in maths I do the entire question correctly then write down the wrong answer bc my brain is already somewhere else, or I put the wrong number in the wrong place.

In my GCSE Physics last year I was so nervous I completely ****ed up on my P1 paper, was so nervous and wrote the 6 marker on the wrong topic - still got a B though so I'm fine
Heptagon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not rationalising the denominator in this year's C1 paper for Edexcel.
saharan_skies
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Forgetting to put my phone in my bag;;;; it went off during the exam I was so panicked oml
Sabz152
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whatttttt??? How'd u do that ?
(Original post by SunlethSky)
I wrote about 2 pages of an A2 exam in Welsh.

...it was an English exam.
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sabz152)
Whatttttt??? How'd u do that ?
Welsh is my first language to the extent I do most of my thinking, writing etc in it. Turns out I didn't do so well turning that off when it actually mattered :rofl:
Sabz152
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aaah! How did u do on the English exam?
Welsh is my first language to the extent I do most of my thinking, writing etc in it. Turns out I didn't do so well turning that off when it actually mattered :rofl:
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sabz152)
Aaah! How did u do on the English exam?
Miraculously got an A - I don't know how either!
Lisa.Williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I forgot to convert 5670 seconds to hours in my physics exam! That was extremely infuriating!
physicalgraffiti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In a GCSE biology mock in Y11 I started to nod off whilst answering a 6 marker and when I woke up I realised I had written the beginning of some kind of story not in any way related to biology whatsoever. Can't remember exactly what I wrote but when I read over it I tried so hard not to laugh and immediately crossed it off and corrected it. Not sure what my brain was doing in that moment
Sabz152
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's great!
Miraculously got an A - I don't know how either!
BobBobson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by physicalgraffiti)
In a GCSE biology mock in Y11 I started to nod off whilst answering a 6 marker and when I woke up I realised I had written the beginning of some kind of story not in any way related to biology whatsoever. Can't remember exactly what I wrote but when I read over it I tried so hard not to laugh and immediately crossed it off and corrected it. Not sure what my brain was doing in that moment
That's a madness. You should've just left it for your teacher to read, and wrote the proper answer underneath considering it was a mock.
BobBobson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lisa.Williams)
I forgot to convert 5670 seconds to hours in my physics exam! That was extremely infuriating!
That'd still been wrong. You needed to convert the 14400 to hours.
BobBobson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vocaloid)
In the recent C2, I integrated what I'd differentiated in the previous part for the last question Don't know whether there's any hope in me getting over 80..
The real question is wheteher you added the +c.
TheMightyBadger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stupidly, I wrote an improper fraction as a mixed number, which really annoys me as I have lost an incredibly easy mark. However, this shouldn't hurt me too much as I think I've got at least 77 or more out of 80 in Paper 1 of GCSE Maths AQA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed