The Student Room Group

WJEC Chemistry AS Unit 1 Friday 26th May

How's everyone feeling about the exam on Friday?

Scroll to see replies

Really not looking forward to it 😂
Reply 2
Original post by AverageJoe77
Really not looking forward to it 😂

Same, I expect some cheeky questions lmao
They've been trying to put so much maths in the new spec, who knows what sort of stuff is going to come up
Reply 4
Original post by AverageJoe77
They've been trying to put so much maths in the new spec, who knows what sort of stuff is going to come up

I'm hoping that there won't be too much maths since last years paper was so mathsy.
Original post by ASt2000
I'm hoping that there won't be too much maths since last years paper was so mathsy.

What we do know is it will be a hard paper and it will have the same maths content as last year.
Original post by nathanwjec
What we do know is it will be a hard paper and it will have the same maths content as last year.

I doubt it'll be as mathsy as last year!! Well hopefully not because the wjec apologised for the amount of maths in it last year because it didn't have enough theory
Good luck everyone! I'm resitting this exam due to horrible one last year, praying they're kind this year but my friend who resat biology today said it was awful too so not really sure on what to think about this one
am I the only one hoping it will be "mathsy"? I'm rubbish at remembering things but at least with maths questions it's something you can just work out, not have to remember a random fact from months ago
😅 saying that though, I did get a D last year so maybe a less maths IS a good thing? lolimscrewed
Original post by georgiabeth15
am I the only one hoping it will be "mathsy"? I'm rubbish at remembering things but at least with maths questions it's something you can just work out, not have to remember a random fact from months ago
😅 saying that though, I did get a D last year so maybe a less maths IS a good thing? lolimscrewed

Haha. I hate remembering the little facts that just need to be memorised like the flame tests and trend of compounds down a group. Also, I'm mega rusty on all that emission and absorption spectra bs. So I am not looking forward lol.
I feel like I do better on the calculations so I hope they put more maths on... mainly hoping for low grade boundaries again though
Original post by coco.z
I feel like I do better on the calculations so I hope they put more maths on... mainly hoping for low grade boundaries again though

amen brother

Haha. I hate remembering the little facts that just need to be memorised like the flame tests and trend of compounds down a group. Also, I'm mega rusty on all that emission and absorption spectra bs. So I am not looking forward lol.

I'm mega rusty on everything tbh, god help me tomorrow hahaha
Original post by coco.z

I think we can assume the boundaries will be low again, but the paper is gonna be so damn hard. I don't feel ready yet :frown:
I'm the exact same!! It's so hard remembering AS and A2 work😅
How did everybody find it?
Reply 15

Pretty good I think.
Reply 16

wbu?
It was good, so much better than last years
Anyone asking their teacher for an unofficial mark scheme
Reply 18
IT WAS SO good, fair amount of recall! what does eveyrone think the grade boundaries will be like
god it was super easy grade boundaries will be high AF and I usually lose marks due to lack of details
I am f****ed

Quick Reply

Latest