Cemi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Today was the WJEC GCSE additional physics exam (Physics 2) . How did you all find it? I heard a lot of people saying it was really difficult but I didn't find it too bad. Which questions did you find difficult?
CresentHan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cemi)
Today was the WJEC GCSE additional physics exam (Physics 2) . How did you all find it? I heard a lot of people saying it was really difficult but I didn't find it too bad. Which questions did you find difficult?
I found Biology way way harder!!
I think the kinectic energy question was tricky, and I didn't like the circuit QWC, wbu?
Tombre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought it was such a nice paper tbh. The 6 mark questions were nice and the majority of the rest of it was just maths.

Did anybody here also do Physics 3? I found that paper harder, but overall it wasn't so bad.
N.rees
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What answer did u get for height of slide ?
N.rees
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CresentHan)
I think the kinectic energy question was tricky, and I didn't like the circuit QWC, wbu?
what answer did u get for height of slide ?
Tombre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by N.rees)
I don't remember my answer for this question. What did you get?

For the force calculation I got 5000 and something.

For average speed of graph I got 11.something

For power loss I had something around 52.5? Something like that.

The fraction of radioactivity was 1/32

Those are the only numbers I remember
msproject
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cemi)
I didn't understand that how many years for plutonium to run out question about RTP then the fraction question, I left them blank and the slide question confused me so much.
msproject
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tombre)
I thought it was such a nice paper tbh. The 6 mark questions were nice and the majority of the rest of it was just maths.

Did anybody here also do Physics 3? I found that paper harder, but overall it wasn't so bad.
The physics 3 paper felt weird on the first question did you label the first thing "magnet" or "north pole?" and on the water refraction do the lines just go straight?
msproject
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CresentHan)
The biology exam was weird the questions were different from every past paper but i'm glad I went over aseptic techniques a bunch of times because it came up on a qwc.
AdamRO
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by N.rees)
I got 3m for the height of the slide using PE = mgh
Cemi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sorry for the late reply:

For the height of the slide I got 3 metres
For what is the Kinetic energy, I did Change in potential energy multiplied by 0.45 (because it said there was 55% energy loss)
For average speed in the graph I got 11. something as well
Fraction was 1/32
For plutonium to run out question, it said that it was 0.5 watts per gram. It said there were 5.2kg, therefore you multiply 5.2kg by 1000 to convert it to grams = 5200 grams. 5200 x 0.5 = 3600watts, it can therefore produce 3600 watts if it has not began to decay. Then it asked how many years can it produce enough energy so you half it (as it gives you the half life in the question) until cant sustain the energy which was 200 something watts needed to run and that is how many years or something like that. (sorry if I explained that badly)
the RTG compared with fission question was a guess but I wrote fission created energy by splitting the nucleus using fission therefore heating water and spinning blade for energy etc and RTG created energy from the uranium decaying giving off heat energy as it had beta decay.
The circuit question wasn't too hard if you understood circuits but made me think a lot so I skipped it and came back to it at the end as I didn't want to spend ages on it and not finish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (88)
24.51%
No (271)
75.49%

Watched Threads