Nature - genetic influences affecting your development which are biological
    Nurture - environmental influences affecting your development e.g. Culture

Q3 EFFECTS OF REDUCTION IN OESTROGEN

•mood swings
    •hot flushes
    •shrinkage of sex organs
    •vaginal dryness

Q4 HOW PUBERTY AFFECTS SELF-IMAGE

•peer pressure into doing undesirable things e.g. Alcohol, drugs, unprotected sex
    •lose or gain friends
    •facial hair and pubic hair

LAST QUESTION

include social disengagement theory and activity theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the first question could you have wrote something like growth involves height weight and head circumference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused1233)
    for the first question could you have wrote something like growth involves height weight and head circumference
    Probably not as it said principles not development

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    in the purple pearsons health and social care book it states 'Principles of growthGrowth describes an increase in quantity. For example, children grow taller as they getolder. As height increases, so does weight – this is referred to as a process of growth.Although growth is continuous, the rate is not smooth. There can be periods of morerapid growth in infancy and again during puberty which means there can be quite adifference between the rates of growth of two people who are the same age. Thereare also differences in the growth rates of boys and girls. Growth rates also vary indifferent parts of the body, for example the head circumference grows more rapidlythan other areas in the first months of life. When referring to growth it is important toconsider two dimensions:▸▸ weight▸▸ length/height'

So can this mean that maybe i got the answer right? im just really stressed out right now about the exam lol

ReputationRep:
    in the purple pearsons health and social care book it states 'Principles of growthGrowth describes an increase in quantity. For example, children grow taller as they getolder. As height increases, so does weight – this is referred to as a process of growth.Although growth is continuous, the rate is not smooth. There can be periods of morerapid growth in infancy and again during puberty which means there can be quite adifference between the rates of growth of two people who are the same age. Thereare also differences in the growth rates of boys and girls. Growth rates also vary indifferent parts of the body, for example the head circumference grows more rapidlythan other areas in the first months of life. When referring to growth it is important toconsider two dimensions:▸▸ weight▸▸ length/height'

So can this mean that maybe i got the answer right? im just really stressed out right now about the exam lol

I think I wrote similar to you - I hope we're right!! Did you finish the paper? I didn't do the last 26 marks...and wasn't confident with the rest, but the general consensus of my class was that it was very pushed for time

ReputationRep:
    Of course it was pushed for time, 90 marks in 90 minutes, quite literally minute a mark, way way way tighter than any other a level exam I've had or even BTEC level 2 for that matter - so unfair, fingers crossed the grade boundaries are somewhat low as everyone in my class said they think they've failed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliaDoroslawska)
    Of course it was pushed for time, 90 marks in 90 minutes, quite literally minute a mark, way way way tighter than any other a level exam I've had or even BTEC level 2 for that matter - so unfair, fingers crossed the grade boundaries are somewhat low as everyone in my class said they think they've failed it
    I hope grade boundaries are low as it seems a lot suffered!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccael28)
    I hope grade boundaries are low as it seems a lot suffered!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope so! Even my friend, who finished both the mock/specimen papers in an hour, and got distinctions, came out saying she barely finished!

ReputationRep:

That's fine, im sure you'll receive full marks as you defined growth n explained the growth rates.
    Well Done, I hope the grade boundaries are low

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you got the entire past paper

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.