Why on earth would you not vote labour? Watch

Logic4Life
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Max12121)
Well i fear if Labour god forbid got into power then anyone who wanted to make a good income would be quick to leave the UK.Which obviously is a bad thing
People who make good money already, don't work in the UK. Why do you think the NHS recruits more foreign doctors than it does UK National doctors.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by truffle_999)
Can we please STOP vilifying Diane over the numbers? It’s getting so old.

Do people just forget that Phillip Hammond got the HS2 cost wrong by £20 bn, Gove got the immigration figures wrong twice, AND Amber Rudd clearly doesn’t have the slightest clue about police salaries??

Why have any of these not been as widely reported or mocked by news outlets? Why are the conservative party been allowed to get away with this? Diane’s mistake is insignificant compared to these incompetent Tories.
where exactly in my post did i refer to Ms Abot's lack of numeracy ?
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably most people who vote Tory do so not because they think they are perfect or even great but because they couldn't possibly vote for anyone else.
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One more thing, and one that doesn't get enough mention: people may want to look at the potential consequences of the reversal of Tory curbs on the unions, something pretty much in Labour's manifest and that will happen very quickly. For younger voters, get on You Tube and watch something on the state of this country in the 70s and what Thatcher inherited because that is highly likely at some point in future. Not under Corbyn but the moment the Tories are brought back in to clear up the mess, the unions will have us all by the ***** again.

Scaremongering my butt, that is what it reads in the manifest.
tbeyan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Max12121)
So a potential strategy would be to crack down on legal tax evasion.The solution is not to implement communist policies.

A generalised statement claiming that the poor actually pay more than the rich is absurd.

I still struggle to find how people can moan and complain about how "rich"people don't pay enough tax. A wage of £80,000 will already be taxed over £21,000.I mean seriously how much do you actually want to tax someone.It discourages any sort of motivation people may have in life to go out and work hard in life to get a really good salary only for large amounts of it to get taken right back.And then those that pay minimal tax have the Gaul to moan that that the "rich" do not pay enough.

There is Equality and then theirs Jeremy Corbyn. Punishing those who have worked hard all their life and managed to get a really well paid job and rewarding and increasing the wages of those who cant be ar*ed in minimal skilled jobs.(Granted not everyone in minimal skilled jobs cant be ar*ed)
So you'd rather rich people like the owners of Barclays pay little to no tax at all?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Poor leader, i dont like corbyn and his associates for a number of reasons, also no lessons learnt from the 60s. 70s. 80s. They Alienate voters and labour supporters like me that think Blair and brown had a good ideology on the economy and instead would've wanted labour to build on that since as with most ideologies there were flaws but the base ideas were brilliant. His policies do more harm than good, albeit they do have good targets which i respect but the actual policies have consequences and huge costs which i can dive into if you request me to. Also, to win an election he HAS TO have cross party support and win the swing vote, i didnt think he could do that before the election and he still hasnt proven otherwise.

Also dont think he should be the leader since he should've requested PLP votes before the 2016 leadership election - he made Neil Kinnock do the same, so why doesn't he? Also if you vote corbyn and IF somehow he did get into office, we would get John McDonnell.
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
Poor leader, i dont like corbyn and his associates for a number of reasons, also no lessons learnt from the 60s. 70s. 80s. They Alienate voters and labour supporters like me that think Blair and brown had a good ideology on the economy and instead would've wanted labour to build on that since as with most ideologies there were flaws but the base ideas were brilliant. His policies do more harm than good, albeit they do have good targets which i respect but the actual policies have consequences and huge costs which i can dive into if you request me to. Also, to win an election he HAS TO have cross party support and win the swing vote, i didnt think he could do that before the election and he still hasnt proven otherwise.

Also dont think he should be the leader since he should've requested PLP votes before the 2016 leadership election - he made Neil Kinnock do the same, so why doesn't he? Also if you vote corbyn and IF somehow he did get into office, we would get John McDonnell.
Just a pity that McDonnell isn't the current Labour leader then as a lot of people will make their vote based on the party leader and like you I just see incompetence when I look at Corbyn and cronies like Abbott. McDonnell would actually bring some credibility back to the party.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nutz99)
just a pity that mcdonnell isn't the current labour leader then as a lot of people will make their vote based on the party leader and like you i just see incompetence when i look at corbyn and cronies like abbott. Mcdonnell would actually bring some credibility back to the party.
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaa
Powell312
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But hang on. He is offering four more bank holidays. Employers will just downgrade existing holiday entitlement to compensate.

They aren’t going to pay same wages for four days less work.

Just a measure to entice people in. .. like a lot of the measures they mention
Kaffee_1998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cupholder)
Put yourself in the mind of Nob, the Working Class Tory:

Nob votes Tory because the newspaper tells him to. Nob believes that the status quo will preserve his employment rights, wage, and benefits, and so will not push any boundaries. Because Nob has been living in the media's skewed world, Nob believes that any threat to the status quo is the enemy.

Nob doesn't follow every single twist and turn in Westminster - instead, he pays attention to the news around election time. This election will be a different affair thankfully because, due to General Election broadcasting rules, Corbyn and the gang are being given some impartial broadcasting time.

Labour has all the pluses going into this election; an honest leader who, for some reason, people perceive as weak, a popular manifesto (if a little 1970s-ish, nationalisation is too regressive, and Corbyn should consider Public-Private Partnerships instead), and the strongest surge of registered young voters in decades.

However, don't put all your eggs in one basket because Nob and the grey area voters may screw us all over.
Sheesh lay off the shrooms mate
Tgmggs98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
None of your story policies are true..stop reporting dishonestly. Always one sided the things people write on here. Anyone who votes for Corbyn your lost in the head. The only reason hes put minimum wage up is so he can tax everyone more. And his manifesto is the only one of the two major parties' which requires borrowing and taxing poor..do real research into this people! Stop reading one sided bias and dishonest posts on sites like these. FYI, labour are scamming the country for personal money gain. Always have been. Why else do you think hes deliberately trying not to leave the eu despite us voting to?
ScarletMacaw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Vote Labour. Labour will actually do something while in parliament other than the last 9 or so years of the Tory shambles. Get Boris and the Tories OUT.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Cupholder)
Put yourself in the mind of Nob, the Working Class Tory:

Nob votes Tory because the newspaper tells him to. Nob believes that the status quo will preserve his employment rights, wage, and benefits, and so will not push any boundaries. Because Nob has been living in the media's skewed world, Nob believes that any threat to the status quo is the enemy.

Nob doesn't follow every single twist and turn in Westminster - instead, he pays attention to the news around election time. This election will be a different affair thankfully because, due to General Election broadcasting rules, Corbyn and the gang are being given some impartial broadcasting time.

Labour has all the pluses going into this election; an honest leader who, for some reason, people perceive as weak, a popular manifesto (if a little 1970s-ish, nationalisation is too regressive, and Corbyn should consider Public-Private Partnerships instead), and the strongest surge of registered young voters in decades.

However, don't put all your eggs in one basket because Nob and the grey area voters may screw us all over.
This is just sublime. Those ****ers are so depressing and brainwashed it is untrue. They keep getting shafted but the rage they have about the left is so easily stirred by the media, seemingly with zero curiosity in their heads about where it comes from. It's frightening how easily it can be inculcated in them.
Look at the way the left engages in the policies, the right just respond with 'i hate him', 'he makes me sick' but there is never any objective reasoning for why. The left tell you they hate someone and because of what their record is and their policies. They just parrot stuff or are completely enraged without objectivity or logic.
za45
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Johnson is a terrible leader.
The Tories are completely and utterly useless.
They had 9 years of power to fund the NHS and make significant changes and improvements, but they did not.
So what's changed now?
🌹🌹GUYS VOTE LABOUR 🌹🌹
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (312)
46.15%
No (75)
11.09%
I'm not old enough (289)
42.75%

Watched Threads