hermionegranger1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have heard from my friends and others here that University of Exeter is full of rah's? To what extent is this true? Another concern of mine, is that I am asian and if I were to go to Exeter in the future, I definitely want to fit in and get along with my flatmates and do not want to deal with 3 years of being an outcast.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hermionegranger1)
I have heard from my friends and others here that University of Exeter is full of rah's? To what extent is this true? Another concern of mine, is that I am asian and if I were to go to Exeter in the future, I definitely want to fit in and get along with my flatmates and do not want to deal with 3 years of being an outcast.
Certainly not true! More rahs at Oxbrdige, Durham, Bristol than Exeter.

The uni has a reasonable ethnic mix - go and look for yourself on an Open Day.
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Agreed, i thought there was a reasonable ethnic mix. Just join societieis related to your interests and im sure you will find people and not end up as an "outcast"
lledrith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you look for spoiled kids, you'll find spoiled kids. Not worth the stress.

As above, join some societies, enjoy yourself. Generally speaking people are nice, and just as nervous about making friends in a new place as you are. <3
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hermionegranger1)
What does that even mean, "full of rah's"

University is a very big place. Of course there's going to be people from a different social background from you - surely you don't expect otherwise? But it's inconceivable that you won't find people you fit right in with in a university of several thousand student.

Don't listen to all this nonsense about sweeping generalisation about 'what students are like at University x' - when you think about it, it's just silly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads