Lolabeth
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What are your predictions for the poems that will come up in the power and conflict cluster helppppp
sch.chx
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lolabeth)
What are your predictions for the poems that will come up in the power and conflict cluster helppppp
For some reason my teacher is placing a bet on London for the reason that it is a "classic" poem and is right next to Ozymandias in the anthology .
Lolabeth
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by sch.chx)
For some reason my teacher is placing a bet on London for the reason that it is a "classic" poem and is right next to Ozymandias in the anthology .
I wasn't sure if I should revise ozymandias as it's been used in the specimen papers but I was going to focus on war themed ones like remains and exposure.
Lit teacher
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It will almost certainly be a poem about power....
or conflict.

Choose one or two for each theme to revise in detail. You can use them in the comparison. The poem that appears on the paper will give you a chance to show your skills of analysis, rather than the ability to memorise quotations. As long as you give an overview of the poem (what is it about? What are the poet's feelings?) AND look at the effect of some of the language (This metaphor is particularly effective because it gives the reader an image of...) you will be fine.

Final tip? Look at the last line or two of the poem. That's usually where the main point is summed up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.33%
Okay (64)
29.63%
A bit lacking (81)
37.5%
Not good at all (53)
24.54%

Watched Threads