The Student Room Group

I'm stressing about the last question on the new 9-1 gcse maths paper, predictions?!!

For all those who are doing the new 9-1 GCSE tomozz, do you guys have any valid or accurate or unofficial predictions on what the money making last question may be at the end or near the end of the paper might be??? Coz im stressing about it coz idk what to revise. (You know apart from everything and equations and stuff but like should i be focusing on anything in particular?) Because I feel like it's not gonna be anything like the past papers, or it will be but just so much more complicated and Harder...

So again, any predictions, on what it may be and the amount of marks involved??
It's usually something to do with graphs e.g. Finding the equation of a Line given two points
Reply 2
Original post by Lilyhollowayd
It's usually something to do with graphs e.g. Finding the equation of a Line given two points

and that is gonna be worth 6 marks??
Reply 3
Original post by Lilyhollowayd

and i usually find that the first question on the paper is always rude... Like its super hard and has some disgusting amount of marks to it...
Reply 4
Original post by t.xavier17_
and that is gonna be worth 6 marks??

I would be suprised if that was 6 marks.

It would most likely be 2-3 marks.
(edited 6 years ago)
TBH theres noo way to know as its the first year , just go over everything you struggle with and practice questions
For all those who are doing the new 9-1 GCSE tomozz, do you guys have any valid or accurate or unofficial predictions on what the money making last question may be at the end or near the end of the paper might be??? Coz im stressing about it coz idk what to revise. (You know apart from everything and equations and stuff but like should i be focusing on anything in particular?) Because I feel like it's not gonna be anything like the past papers, or it will be but just so much more complicated and Harder...

Reply 6
Original post by stoyfan
I would be suprised if that was 6 marks.

It would most likely be 2-3 marks.

what would be the 6 marks then?? Maybe vectors?? Or something to do with circles??
all the papers i have done end with a vector question near the end
Reply 8
what would be the 6 marks then?? Maybe vectors?? Or something to do with circles??

Don't worry about that.

They give more marks in a question, not because it is harder, but because it is more extensive (it takes more time and more working out).

Usually 6 markers are extensive problem solving questions that would involve multiple topics, not just vectors etc.

E.g the AQA non calc specimen paper has a question where there is a square which is divided into right angled triangles and a shaded square.

You needed to find out the area of the shaded square. You were given the length of two lengths of the triangle.
Reply 9
Original post by Sarvesh_t
all the papers i have done end with a vector question near the end

yeah, that's usually what it is
Original post by stoyfan
Don't worry about that.

They give more marks in a question, not because it is harder, but because it is more extensive (it takes more time and more working out).

Usually 6 markers are extensive problem solving questions that would involve multiple topics, not just vectors etc.

E.g the AQA non calc specimen paper has a question where there is a square which is divided into right angled triangles and a shaded square.

You needed to find out the area of the shaded square. You were given the length of two lengths of the triangle.

Ah, if I see a question like that I'm sorry but I'm getting full marks because that stuff is so easy. It just takes some extensive forward thinking and extensive planning. Because if your work is messy, the examiner is less likely to be kind to you with the marks.

definitely revise circle geometry and venn diagrams, the last questions are always horrible but from what i can tell they have a lot of algebra in so make sure you understand the differences between equations and expressions etc.
Original post by rosesndaises
definitely revise circle geometry and venn diagrams, the last questions are always horrible but from what i can tell they have a lot of algebra in so make sure you understand the differences between equations and expressions etc.

Ahh I see, thank you for that I need to go and revise some reverse algebra lol. Because haven't touched that for a hot minute
I do not even do GCSE 9-1 but, it's probably going to be a circle / finding a point on the tangent from the circle.

Quick Reply

Latest