Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, as i'm doing it in September.

ReputationRep:
    I recall a thread on this already being started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I recall a thread on this already being started.
    yes on specification b not a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    Just wondering, as i'm doing it in September.
    hi we did OCR physics A and its a good course, i liked it a lot

forces and motion in january is an easy exam but most people nail the exam and the grade boundaries are raised a lot

the forces fields and energy exam at A2 is a little toughy but it is a good course, tough, but good

ReputationRep:
    Depending on your strengths, it will either be really good, or really awful. I hate anything to do with electricity, and unfortunately there is quite a lot of it. A whole exam called Electrons and Photons and there is a lot in FF&E (which somehow, amazingly i got 77/90 for ) The worst exam however comes at the end of year 13...Unifying Concepts...ew! It is nasty, but whichever exam board you do, there will be a unifying "synoptic" exam. I got a C for that exam, but expected at best a D! The option module can be pretty good too. We did Cosmology, which is interesting, but ****ing difficult. I think all the options are as difficult as each other however, and chances are your school will choose for you (well, ours did!)

Good luck with it, if you work hard, you can do really really well. And if not, retakes are a god-send! 100% is really easy to obtain second time round

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.