The Student Room Group

Heartbroken about C2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student1914
Sat C2 exam today and kind of wished I didn't do any crossing out, but I'm pretty confident I showed the right worked solution and answer.

How did you find the paper on the whole? Easier or harder than previous years?
Original post by honour
How did you find the paper on the whole? Easier or harder than previous years?

It's a lot easier because there's no optimization problems involving prisms, cylinders, letter box shapes or whatever. I predict the grade boundaries going to be high. The last problem in the 2016 paper was long and it's a bit of a slog to take it all the way through.
Original post by Cry10000
For me, the exam wasnt hard at the time. Stupidly confident.

Came out and realised I had made so many mistakes I cannot stop crying. Silly mistakes like two solutions out of four, crossing out correct answers and replacing with incorrect.

I am sorry if I am being offesnive to people who thought it was hard, trust me I know its annoying. But I thought it was easy and if I hadnt made those stupid mistakes, I think i wouldve got 90 UMS :frown:

I know i sound horrible or somehing but im so upset. I was set on Cambride and now Ive got like 60/75 on a module(maybe less if they dont give me marks for some working or the answers i scribbled), I cant even apply for Law.

Mate It's ok , I've had an exam like this before and it cost me about 11 marks worth of silly mistakes so i know how it feels like. I'm in my A2 year currently and the best thing to do is to forget and erase this exam from your memory and focus on the other exams.

You can always re-sit C2 either way , And personally C3 and C4 help's quite a bit with C2.

And remember that everything happens for a reason. No matter how bad the situation may appear to be , It's always going to be for a good reason man

(BTW one of my teachers told me that even if you cross out the correct answer along with the correct workings , You still get the marks)

You can make up the marks in S1 either way

IF you got 60/75 its probably costing you about 5-6 UMS off an A probably and I mean , you can easily make 5-6 UMS up in S1

Stay Positive!
Reply 23
Original post by becauseimme
Why?

Like grammar schools, they represent a bigoted standard of requirement that simply cannot be replicated by anyone other those with specific genes.

That if you cannot qualify you are not good enough. You are a failure.

When in reality it is they who are not good enough for you and you should not let them fail you.

Sure, if your AAA was the result of hard work and not genetics they will find out and weed you out in the interview process. They don't want you. If you did somehow make it through then prepare for loneliness as you mix with people who are not like you.

Plus, employers such as Google could not care less because when it comes down to the job their practical skills are often piss poor.

Came out and realised I had made so many mistakes I cannot stop crying. Silly mistakes like two solutions out of four, crossing out correct answers and replacing with incorrect.

I am sorry if I am being offesnive to people who thought it was hard, trust me I know its annoying. But I thought it was easy and if I hadnt made those stupid mistakes, I think i wouldve got 90 UMS :frown:

I know i sound horrible or somehing but im so upset. I was set on Cambride and now Ive got like 60/75 on a module(maybe less if they dont give me marks for some working or the answers i scribbled), I cant even apply for Law.

dw dude, in the last 5 minutes of the exam I crossed out all my working out for the last question to rewrite it neater and more cohesively.

I ran out of time.

Woop, no marks for the last question anymore!

Once upon a time this was me. I was smashing things in the house.
Now i've got full UMS on those modules :smile: Use this as motivation for next year, never give up! When you walk into the next exam just remember this moment you felt like ****, and tell yourself "im never letting that ****ing happen to me again"

Regarding mistakes.....this is tricky. You can CHECK 80% of the C2 exam using a calculator, think back to past paper question. Also get the intergration/differentiation numerical calculator by casio to check your equation/calculus.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hey111
Like grammar schools, they represent a bigoted standard of requirement that simply cannot be replicated by anyone other those with specific genes.

That if you cannot qualify you are not good enough. You are a failure.

When in reality it is they who are not good enough for you and you should not let them fail you.

Sure, if your AAA was the result of hard work and not genetics they will find out and weed you out in the interview process. They don't want you. If you did somehow make it through then prepare for loneliness as you mix with people who are not like you.

Plus, employers such as Google could not care less because when it comes down to the job their practical skills are often piss poor.

Any evidence for any of these claims or are you just a little upset you got rejected by oxbridge?
Take this as a life lesson mate. Chin up and march on into S1/M1/D1
Oh wow! Did they give you an interview?x

Yes I got through to interview!!

60/75 is still around 80 or so UMS is it not? As someone who failed maths pretty badly last year and is retaking this year, I have learnt you gotta pick your head up and carry on. Maybe you did bad, maybe you didn't.. You've got to stay at it regardless?

If you don't want to risk messing the others out you've got to forget about it and move on sharpish. Remember, it might not be as bad as you expect.
Reply 30
Original post by Movementmoments
Any evidence for any of these claims or are you just a little upset you got rejected by oxbridge?

Yes, this website. Nope, never applied.
Original post by Hey111
Yes, this website. Nope, never applied.

Lol gotta love anecdotal evidence
Hi. I am a maths tutor and the exam advice I give my students is "NEVER CROSS OUT AN ANSWER!". If you think your answer is wrong, just put a large bracket around it and start again. If, as happens very often, the first answer is the correct one, then the examiner will still mark it and you will still be credited with the marks. I'm sorry this is too late to help you in this year's C2 but hope fully it will help you in any future exams.
(edited 6 years ago)
At least you are not resitting it! I kinda flopped an entire 3 Mark and probably the 7 last year I got a C in c2 but this year I needed to get like 90 ums xD but it's so easy to make mistakes and even I an a2 maths student made stupid mistakes. Just focus on your next exams :h:
Reply 34
Feel sorry for people who want to go to Oxbridge tbf, only reason i work hard on my alevels are for the uni weekends and cambridge is probably bottom of that list

Quick Reply

Latest