How did you cope with leaving school for the last time?

Watch this thread
Gwenog_quidditch
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm going to be finishing school this friday and tbh I'm terrified. I love my school (I never thought Id say that lol) - Ive made some great friends (some of whom Ive know since I was 4), the teachers are lovely and the overall atmosphere here is wonderful. I know this is probably really weird but Im gonna really miss all of the little things like registration, assembly, even school lunch!
For some stupid reason I get very emotional about these sort of things and because of that this is worrying me more than a levels atm oh god... have you got any coping strategies for leaving school and moving on/letting go?
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Its just a way of life, it had to happen some day. Its like in the movies when the hero leaves their village. You never know you may return to your school.some day as a special guest,teacher or headteacher

Or you could think of it this wayName:  bruh.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  44.9 KB
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
bruh i was over the moon
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I think 6th form were the best years of my life :lol: even though it was far from perfect, so I can relate.

Ultimately one day you go home and don't look back and life goes on... and you wonder where the days went
Nirvana1989-1994
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Celebrated.
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
I'm going to be finishing school this friday and tbh I'm terrified. I love my school (I never thought Id say that lol) - Ive made some great friends (some of whom Ive know since I was 4), the teachers are lovely and the overall atmosphere here is wonderful. I know this is probably really weird but Im gonna really miss all of the little things like registration, assembly, even school lunch!
For some stupid reason I get very emotional about these sort of things and because of that this is worrying me more than a levels atm oh god... have you got any coping strategies for leaving school and moving on/letting go?
i am gonna miss my chair
username2877554
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
have you got any coping strategies for leaving school and moving on/letting go?
Strategies for moving on and letting go? Bruh... it was the easiest thing I have ever done
Potato456
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
There is nothing stupid about feeling like this, so don't be harsh on youself! It has been a huge part of your life, everyday for years and years...you can't get over leaving that overnight. But what I can tell you is, once you leave and go to uni/have a job whatever, you will be fine, as you will be living a new future and shaping your life to be as you would like it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Truflais
Report 5 years ago
I didn't give a **** when primary school, secondary school, college or university ended. I was relieved to be done with all of them tbh.
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I found it difficult leaving school when I look back on it - I feel like it was a comfort bubble with the same people, in the same town you have been brought up in.

I remember just feeling dread during the summer after I left school to go to University too, but I managed to get over it after a while. I don't really talk to old school friends anymore tho, despite it being 2 years ago.
username47781
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I was more than happy to leave school
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
well i've hated this entire year tbh however a few ppl at school have made it slightly more tolerable and those are the people i will miss.
Tbf i would probably cry illogically on the last day only for the fact that im sick and if i produce anymore mucus i may well drown in it
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Normally you have something to go to.
You might be back when the time comes to pick up results or get the teachers presents.

Tbh it was a little sad/ anti climax, but more focused on upcoming exams and then after exams in having a rest.
math42
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
At the time I was too excited to need to "cope"; all my exams were over, I thought I was likely to make my offer, and I had a long Summer of doing whatever stretched in front of me. However, in hindsight, sixth form, aside from a couple of grim months, made up probably the most enjoyable period of my life so far, and I still feel somewhat wistful about how the best years of my life might very well be over. They were far from paradise, it's just a relative matter, I suppose.
Gwenog_quidditch
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Its just a way of life, it had to happen some day. Its like in the movies when the hero leaves their village. You never know you may return to your school.some day as a special guest,teacher or headteacher

Or you could think of it this wayName:  bruh.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  44.9 KB
Haha thanks!!
Reue
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I was so happy to finally be free of that dump.

Leaving uni was very 'meh', didnt really think about it as all my focus was on going away to Australia afterwards.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I left today. I feel so empty its unbelievable. I keep going back to all the photos i had with teachers and their messages on my shirt. Its heartbreaking to think about how it was the last time i'll ever enter the drama studio or the canteen or the art department (my favourite places). Of course i'll be back for my exams, but it wont be the same. I used to wish i grew up, and now i look back and scold myself for wishing away my childhood.
Of course, some will see my view as dramatic, but it was my safe place. The place i went to escape everything else happening in my life. And now? I dont know if ill ever be back. Do i go sixth form or college? Thats my next obstacle. But for now? Ill spend my days thinking back on all the good times i had with my friends and teachers.
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Since this thread has been bumped anyway:

(Original post by CoolCavy)
well i've hated this entire year tbh however a few ppl at school have made it slightly more tolerable and those are the people i will miss.
Tbf i would probably cry illogically on the last day only for the fact that im sick and if i produce anymore mucus i may well drown in it
:hugs: past Cavy, been through some things but mostly on a better side now since 5 years ago

In fact 5 years to the day this post was made I will be doing my driving test. Something that was not even fathomable to me back then.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 month ago
li2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Since this thread has been bumped anyway:

:hugs: past Cavy, been through some things but mostly on a better side now since 5 years ago

In fact 5 years to the day this post was made I will be doing my driving test. Something that was not even fathomable to me back then.
awe this is v cute its so nice to hear ur doing better now it gives me hope !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads