The Student Room Group

Student finance application URGENT

right so due to moving house and issues with the family I haven't done my Student finance yet.
Simple question, What needs to be in by the 26th may? is it just the online application? or parents support and does my passport have to be received by them on the 26th as evidence?

I've currently done the online part, waiting on my parents information which I'll do tomorrow then send next day delivery
Original post by Roger11
right so due to moving house and issues with the family I haven't done my Student finance yet.
Simple question, What needs to be in by the 26th may? is it just the online application? or parents support and does my passport have to be received by them on the 26th as evidence?

I've currently done the online part, waiting on my parents information which I'll do tomorrow then send next day delivery

Everything including evidence needs to be sent by 26th May
Original post by Roger11

Original post by Aztec Chic
Everything including evidence needs to be sent by 26th May

Incorrect Aztec.

So the 26th May is not a set deadline date, it's more a guideline and it's used to make sure students get their applications sent in. The actual deadline date is 9 months after the academic year so if you start Aug/sept/oct etc then it would be June 1st 2018.

If you send your application in after the 26th May they(SFE) just can't guarantee that funding won't be delayed (in the majority of cases it won't be delayed, the phrase is really just used to give people a kick up the bum and apply)

Edit : also as long as you have done all of your application in time it doesn't matter if your parents bits are a bit late so for example if your parents don't submit their information until really late, you would be what's called forced non means tested where you will be approved for the very basic funding just to make sure you do have money in time.

The deadline for 16/17 students is coming up in a weeks time(for Aug/sept/oct/dec starters), still receiving and processing some applications for students who started in September 2016.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by murpo
Incorrect Aztec.

So the 26th May is not a set deadline date, it's more a guideline and it's used to make sure students get their applications sent in. The actual deadline date is 9 months after the academic year so if you start Aug/sept/oct etc then it would be June 1st 2018.

If you send your application in after the 26th May they(SFE) just can't guarantee that funding won't be delayed (in the majority of cases it won't be delayed, the phrase is really just used to give people a kick up the bum and apply)

Edit : also as long as you have done all of your application in time it doesn't matter if your parents bits are a bit late so for example if your parents don't submit their information until really late, you would be what's called forced non means tested where you will be approved for the very basic funding just to make sure you do have money in time.

The deadline for 16/17 students is coming up in a weeks time(for Aug/sept/oct/dec starters), still receiving and processing some applications for students who started in September 2016.

awesome! thank you so much

one more thing, do you know what an evidence cover letter is? Telling me to send one but have no clue what that means
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Roger11
awesome! thank you so much

one more thing, do you know what an evidence cover letter is? Telling me to send one but have no clue what that means

It's basically just a piece of paper with your reference number on it and the list of evidence your sending in - it's to make sure the evidence gets put onto your account and they can identify who the evidence is for because if you sent it without your CRN they would have no idea.

you can print one of in your online account but it's easier to just write your own cover letter
My bad I should have made it clear. Like above post said 26th May is the deadline to ensure your loan reaches you on time. My apologies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending