The Student Room Group

crowdfunding

Someone has actually put one on their facebook for people to pay their tuition fees. I find this a bit awkward and kind of distasteful. Does anyone think that it has gone too far where people crowdfund for everything. Now it is a good way for people to scam people,
If stupid people are willing to give them money then let them.
Original post by karl pilkington
Someone has actually put one on their facebook for people to pay their tuition fees. I find this a bit awkward and kind of distasteful. Does anyone think that it has gone too far where people crowdfund for everything. Now it is a good way for people to scam people,

Why is this person unable to take out a tuition fee loan?
Original post by hezzlington
Why is this person unable to take out a tuition fee loan?

I think because it is some acting thing of something I dunno exactly why. I am not just talkng about this but other things like it
If people want to sponsor them, its up to them. Understandable if they dont have access to SFE.
Not surprised.

There was a teenager down here who set up crowdfunding to pay for a Nintendo Switch. And no, he didn't get that far.
Reply 6
Hey,

I did a crowdfunding page and I will tell you that it is one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make. My country does not offer the course I want to do. I applied to three universities in the UK, got in but did not get funding. Got into Oxford and still no funding. As an international student I am not eligible for a loan in the UK or from my home country.

There are no scholarships or grants. Trust me, I have looked.
Which meant I had to give up on my academic and professional ambitions until funding becomes available. Meanwhile, I can not defer the course.

My friends suggested crowdfunding. Some donated money, others did not.
its fair enough, they can do what they like

Quick Reply