Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only one who's 100% English? watch

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I know has got a grandparent or parent who is from a foreign country, but me? I went back pretty far, to my Great Great Grandparents (I did find something about a couple of my Great, Great, Great grandparents but not all of them), and I found that none of my family were from anywhere other than England. So perhaps I am the only one (or one of the very few) who is 100% English. (English, as in, English post 1066). I'd like to think that I am, I love this country and it's culture

ReputationRep:
    very good, congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Thank the lord brother. Together as the new Templar Order (as prophesied by the almighty Tommy Robinson) we can rise up and purge our beloved country of this black smear across our aryan culture and way of life. Together... Together we can rule over the sodomites and ethnically impure. RISE BROTHER, RISE!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes, the only one in the entire world.

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as 100% english, England has been invaded by the vikings, the romans, the anglo saxons, the celts, the normans so if 100% english people take a dna test they would see how truly varied their dna is, to be english is to be an amalgamation of cultures.

Check out this "pure english" guy`s dna ancestry reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5o9DmUYCJA
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have Aussie, Scottish and Irish grandparents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash8991)
    Everyone I know has got a grandparent or parent who is from a foreign country, but me? I went back pretty far, to my Great Great Grandparents (I did find something about a couple of my Great, Great, Great grandparents but not all of them), and I found that none of my family were from anywhere other than England. So perhaps I am the only one (or one of the very few) who is 100% English. (English, as in, English post 1066). I'd like to think that I am, I love this country and it's culture
    What does that even mean, "100% English".

Your G.G.G grandparents probably takes you back 130 years or so. Hardly the Norman Conquest.

My family has traced its origins back to 1412. Even then, I wouldn't say that we were 100% English. It's a meaningless concept - England is built on immigration.

My family came to England in 1066, and I find you to be an ass-hat.

(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    There is no such thing as 100% english, England has been invaded by the vikings, the romans, the anglo saxons, the celts, the normans so if 100% english people take a dna test they would see how truly varied their dna is, to be english is to be an amalgamation of cultures.

Check out this "pure english" guy`s dna ancestry reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5o9DmUYCJA
    True Welsh would be the closest thing to ethnic British these days AFAIK.

Only half English sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    What does that even mean, "100% English".

Your G.G.G grandparents probably takes you back 130 years or so. Hardly the Norman Conquest.

My family has traced its origins back to 1412. Even then, I wouldn't say that we were 100% English. It's a meaningless concept - England is built on immigration.
    Aren't all countries built on immigration and invasion lol
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Why does it matter?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Only 3/4 English. Probably have a bit of American, French and Australian in me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fujoshi)
    Aren't all countries built on immigration and invasion lol
    Yeah, it's not amazing to be '100% English' anyways.

(Original post by ClearSky)
    Yeah, it's not amazing to be '100% English' anyways.
    Why not?
    everyone should embrace their individual nationality.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Why does it matter?
    It matters an awful lot to some regular posters on TSR who make threads about England for the English and deporting everyone else, especially immigrants (irony).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It matters an awful lot to some regular posters on TSR who make threads about England for the English and deporting everyone else, especially immigrants (irony).
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It`s like when Americans say they dont want immigrants in their country?
    Im like hold up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adorable16)
    Why not?
    everyone should embrace their individual nationality.
    why

(Original post by hezzlington)
    why
    I think people should be proud of their individual identity is all

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.