Religious Studies - H173, H573 (from 2016) AS new spec only!!! Watch

JessicaAlicia23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Seeing as no one created a new spec AS only thread i thought id make one quickk ...
Just to be clear this is for the exam on
25th may 2017 at 9.00am
If anyone has any predictions pls sharee!
This is the sample questions so it likely these wont come up and everything else probably will.

1* ‘The strengths of natural law outweigh its weaknesses.’ Discuss. [30]

2* Assess the view that Fletcher’s Situation Ethics gives no useful guidance for making moral decisions. [30]

3* Assess the view that euthanasia is always morally wrong
SailorMoonQueen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Kantian
Utiliterianism
Business ethics
olivia -
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how did everyone find it? we didn't learn business ethics so i had to do the other two. bit worried as natural law isn't my favourite topic..
SailorMoonQueen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It wasnt bad although I wasnt expecting natural law since it was on the mock paper.
We did business ethics but I didn't revise it anyway, its wayyyy too hard
Did NL and Kantian but started to ran out on time on Kantian so didn't write all I wanted to
Keeno_W
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did Q1 and Q3. Thought they were quite kind questions.
Natural Law is relatively simple to revise and could be applied to the question quite easily.
Business Ethics is one of my strongest topics so it was okay. Just based all my points on Kantian and Utilitarian perspectives.
jaraw239
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone's teacher have the proof copy of the textbook? Mine does, when I told her the titles, she thought the Kant one sounded similar to one we'd written before. The Kant and Natural Law questions, from the actual, official AS paper came from the proof copy of the textbook, word for word. The proof textbook has 4 titles at the end of each chapter as opposed to the 2 in the published textbook. I didn't recognise it in the exam, but I'd written the Kant essay before, at Christmas, so there wasn't really any benefit as I obviously couldn't remember having written it. We checked and it didn't happen with philosophy, but it could happen for DCT.
stark12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I was just wondering if anyone who did these 3 papers could tell me which questions came up or maybe the general topics for each paper (philosophy, ethics and development in Christian thought) Thank you
Seren.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stark12)
Hi I was just wondering if anyone who did these 3 papers could tell me which questions came up or maybe the general topics for each paper (philosophy, ethics and development in Christian thought) Thank you
I'm thinking of studying RS next year, is it a hard alevel? I really enjoyed it at gcse, but they've introduced a new specification. Would you advice me to take it? I really do enjoy it😊
stark12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Seren.)
I'm thinking of studying RS next year, is it a hard alevel? I really enjoyed it at gcse, but they've introduced a new specification. Would you advice me to take it? I really do enjoy it😊
I would highly recommend it, it is very hard in my opinion but all a levels are the concepts can be quite difficult to get your head around at first but if you put the work in you'll do just fine. Its incredibly interesting (I also found the GCSE really interesting which is why I chose this and I'm so glad I did) and a great a level to have I hope this was helpful
SailorMoonQueen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stark12)
Philosophy:
Problem of evil
Cosmological
Body, mind and soul

Ethics:
Business ethics
Natural law
Kantian ethics

Christian Development:
Person of Jesus
Bonhoeffer
Salvation (Augustine)
Keeno_W
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SailorMoonQueen)
Philosophy:
Problem of evil
Cosmological
Body, mind and soul

Ethics:
Business ethics
Natural law
Kantian ethics

Christian Development:
Person of Jesus
Bonhoeffer
Salvation (Augustine)
I thought the salvation question could have been linked to Life after death rather than just Augustine? Both topics seemed valid to answer the question.
olivia -
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Keeno_W)
I thought the salvation question could have been linked to Life after death rather than just Augustine? Both topics seemed valid to answer the question.
my teacher said it was death and the afterlife today which was what i wrote about
stark12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SailorMoonQueen)
Philosophy:
Problem of evil
Cosmological
Body, mind and soul

Ethics:
Business ethics
Natural law
Kantian ethics

Christian Development:
Person of Jesus
Bonhoeffer
Salvation (Augustine)
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (23)
12.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (16)
8.42%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (43)
22.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (28)
14.74%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (24)
12.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (56)
29.47%

Watched Threads