are these right?🤑
2^3 x 2^5: 2^8
congruent triangles: ASA
geometrical: 3rd answer?
a:b: b is 3/4 of a
36: 2^2 x 3^2
is (601,-301): yes
is reflection the only transformation: no, translation
x in terms of y: x = 5y/8 (other way round?)
standard form: 6.0052 x 10^6
bottles: 6 from shop A and 2 from shop C
circle in square: 16 pi
vectors: 2nd option?
simultaneous equations: x=8, y=2
cumulative frequency: 53 marks
acceleration: at 6s
distance: 300m
true/false: fft, ttf
diameter of x^2 + y^2 = 64: 16
tangent to circle: y= 1/4 x + 4&1/4
tickets: £90.64
transformation: enlargement by -2 at (-1,0)
people in office: 288
volume of water: 117 pi
last question: (r6 - r3)/12

I swear i didn't have some of these questions in my paper , bottles from a shop? i dont remember that in the higher paper. Were you doing foundation? Or maybe i'm just blind.
Original post by Raheeem
Can anyone remember what was the circle area in that square question. I think I misread the question and did 'area minus circles area' in pi. Disappointed I missed easy marks lol

i think i had pi 16?
area of square was 64cm^2 so i assumed the circle was 8cm wide so had a 4cm radius...

i'm by no means any good at maths tho
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by harley-quinzel
i think i had pi 16?

Yes that's what everyone was saying it was but I misread the question, will hopefully get one or two method marks
Original post by joebf
did anyone else get y=1/4x + 17/4 ??
And for the Pi question 117 Pi??

I did.....fr both
Original post by Raheeem
Yes that's what everyone was saying it was but I misread the question, will hopefully get one or two method marks

oh right sorry, i misunderstood you!

the question was "the area of the square is 64cm^2, the circle fits inside and touches the sides, calculate the area of the circle" if i recall.
Original post by harley-quinzel
oh right sorry, i misunderstood you!

the question was "the area of the square is 64cm^2, the circle fits inside and touches the sides, calculate the area of the circle" if i recall.

What ???? I don't remember this question , did i miss pages out ?
I just noticed I've been stupid , i did edexcel, nevermind...

Sorry.
I completely messed up, I missed quite a few questions out. I thought I was good at surds but had a brain freeze and left them. the frequency table I did as a histogram, I couldn't work out the formula for the line, as I couldn't find C (don't ask), I panicked on the glasses thing and abandoned it as I was taking too long, last question I didn't really get as I inputted the sine and tang values, rationalised the denominator, but couldn't get it in the answer there require. I abandoned the median/range question because it looked like it would take too long and would just come back to it - I didn't as I run out of time, I got the translation of the triangle wrong, it was little to big, I seemed to think it was the other way around. Hoping to pull it around on the other two calculator questions.... oh dear.
What did you guys put for the bottle one and the glasses one (that one baffeled me )
Original post by joebf
And for the
Original post by burnsibub
I completely messed up, I missed quite a few questions out. I thought I was good at surds but had a brain freeze and left them. the frequency table I did as a histogram, I couldn't work out the formula for the line, as I couldn't find C (don't ask), I panicked on the glasses thing and abandoned it as I was taking too long, last question I didn't really get as I inputted the sine and tang values, rationalised the denominator, but couldn't get it in the answer there require. I abandoned the median/range question because it looked like it would take too long and would just come back to it - I didn't as I run out of time, I got the translation of the triangle wrong, it was little to big, I seemed to think it was the other way around. Hoping to pull it around on the other two calculator questions.... oh dear.

i thought i was the only one.
Original post by joebf
And for the Pi question 117 Pi??

i ended up rounding pi to one sig fig.. maybe I should have left it in pi
Reply 92
Original post by Raheeem
Can anyone remember what was the circle area in that square question. I think I misread the question and did 'area minus circles area' in pi. Disappointed I missed easy marks lol

it was just the area of the square is 64cm so u had to square root that which gave you the length across (the diameter)

so you have that ( it was 8) which give you 4.

The use the radius to do pie x 4squared. = 16Pi i think
Hoffic paper !!!! Anyone have a full unofficial mark scheme???
anyone got any ideas for the grade boundaries for this paper?
I think I did ok. What did everyone get for the frustum/water question? It took me a while but I did get an answer in the end. I am just hoping for a 7, then I can do A-level maths and physics. I think I messed u 3 of the earlier questions. Overall, I don't think it was bad paper.
Original post by joebf
it was just the area of the square is 64cm so u had to square root that which gave you the length across (the diameter)

so you have that ( it was 8) which give you 4.

The use the radius to do pie x 4squared. = 16Pi i think

there is one mark I got then, 1/80, doing well :s-smilie:
Original post by mem123
What did you guys put for the bottle one and the glasses one (that one baffeled me )

i put 6 bottles from shop A , 2 bottles from shop C
Original post by Smackymander
Was the last question unanswerable? You had to get tan(60) * 4 as an integer, but it comes out to being 4 root 3? Even when trying to cancel down with surds, I couldn't get it to cancel down.

You had to get it to root 48, then you could times the whole thing by root 48 over root 48, in order to rationalise the denominator.
Original post by bobetter1
you couldn't simplify, it was impossible

It was a trick question to see who would simplify because there were no like terms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending