The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
SirWhale
its in the title, cheers christian :smile:

What sort of thing are you interested in? In Freshers week you'll have to go and register for your course, get your student card and loan cheque etc. Registration takes place in the Sports centre, your herded through the whole process then at the end you have to exit through the sports fair. The various university sports clubs will all have stalls there and you just need to walk through and talk to the people that interest you.

Theres just about every sports club you can think of. All the standard ones, football, rugby, netball, sailing, lacrosse, american football, cheer leading, ultimate frisbee, I'm almost certain theres a sky diving club.

Take you cheque book with you to registration, most sports clubs charge a fee, which basically covers the insurance incase you get injured. They don't tend to make a profit from you, just cover themselves incase of accidents
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
hmmmm me a cheerleader?
Reply 3
emma_
hmmmm me a cheerleader?

Why not? They take it very seriously I think though

Leeds uni cheerleading team is one of the best in the country, they win all the uni competitions (its a proper serious sport!) The team started to support the American football team and now compete in their own right
Reply 4
ditzy blonde
Why not? They take it very seriously I think though

Leeds uni cheerleading team is one of the best in the country, they win all the uni competitions (its a proper serious sport!) The team started to support the American football team and now compete in their own right

heheh okies id better stay clear then. never done anything like that before in my life! :frown:
Does anyone know if they've got a rowing club? The website says there are facilities for rowing near the campus but doesnt say if they have an actual rowing team :rolleyes:

And i thought the might have a pool team for me to join :frown:
Reply 8
George-W-Duck
And i thought the might have a pool team for me to join :frown:

Start one up!
Reply 9
fluffysheep2000
Does anyone know if they've got a rowing club? The website says there are facilities for rowing near the campus but doesnt say if they have an actual rowing team :rolleyes:

Definately, my housemate considered joining. The rowing actually takes place near York. There are porcedures in place if you want to start up a new club, I just don;t hapen tp know what they are. The only down side about the Leeds sports facilities is that the university doesn't have its own swimming pool. The uni teams train at Leeds Girls High School

Latest