The Student Room Group

AS Biology Paper 1 2017 AQA UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pruplezone
No I think I messed up the 0.8 mol question. My results had no anomalies. Can someone explain it???

Mine didn't seem to be an anomaly either I mean it was slightly different but not by a lot ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I think I messed up the 0.8 mol question. My results had no anomalies. Can someone explain it???

For that question I talked about differences in water potential and how water leaves by osmosis

It may just have bee be he way your drew your curve so maybe you will get a few marks. I can't remember the question but you divide the two values in the tablet or each concentration. Plot the ratio on the y axis as its the independent variable and concentration on the x axis and I got a curve sloping downwards. Hope that helps
Original post by leopard923
Mine didn't seem to be an anomaly either I mean it was slightly different but not by a lot ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just explained the whole water potential gradient in the question after.
I just explained the whole water potential gradient in the question after.

Same hopefully that will be worth marks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by sophieegou
What did you guys do for the statistical test?

T test because we're comparing two means.
Give me functions of water?
Original post by chelseafc141
For that question I talked about differences in water potential and how water leaves by osmosis

me too. I got no anomalies so I spoke about it decreased in mass from initial because water moves from a region of its higher to lower into sucrose solution so that the concentration is equal inside the potato chip and outside
Reply 48
Question 1b: was it phosphodiester or an ester bond ? I wrote ester as arrow appeared to point at only one part of the bond.

Hope everyone else did well !
Original post by chelseafc141

I did the same
Original post by Lauren9699
me too. I got no anomalies so I spoke about it decreased in mass from initial because water moves from a region of its higher to lower into sucrose solution so that the concentration is equal inside the potato chip and outside

I thought that question was just asking for an explanation for the result at 0.8. I don't remember reading about an anomaly!
Does anyone have anything on the Advantages of Lipid droplet and micelles ?
Original post by GCShElpme
I thought that question was just asking for an explanation for the result at 0.8. I don't remember reading about an anomaly!

neither!!! it just said explain the result of 0.8 or something like that!
The the lipid one I put Golgi apparatus? It had a vesicle on it plus it was curved?
Original post by John 7844
Does anyone have anything on the Advantages of Lipid droplet and micelles ?

I said the droplets create a large surface area for fat digestion by lipase which increase digestion rate. For micelles I said something about how the lipids are insoluble in water so do not mix well so are unlikely to all reach the microvilli without them being directly transported by micelles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same
How did you guys find the exam over all ?? was it easy or was it rather difficult ?
Original post by leopard923
I said the droplets create a large surface area for fat digestion by lipase which increase digestion rate. For micelles I said something about how the lipids are insoluble in water so do not mix well so are unlikely to all reach the microvilli without them being directly transported by micelles?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insoluble- doesn't affect the water potential of cells. :smile:
How did you guys find the exam over all ?? was it easy or was it rather difficult ?

Thought it was medium, but more on the difficult side of things

I found it difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest