Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    None

Reason: UK-L Popularity competitions are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Mathematically he's awesome, yes.

BTW: Mike, what have you done to your avatar! :eek:
    Paris Hilton!

ReputationRep:
    I nominate Zapsta

Cus he always makes me look like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I nominate Vienna - (s)he is clearly the only one here who can coherently copy out arguments from the daily mail

ReputationRep:
    I'd nominate Howard, as he seemed to be the only one who made an effort to respond to every one of my points (even if I didnt agree with them), without just being offensive.

However, he no longer seems to be with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Paris Hilton!
    er why?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Me.

Top in the country in GCSE English is always nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    we shouldn't just think of Maths and Sciences.
    indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I nominate Vienna - (s)he is clearly the only one here who can coherently copy out arguments from the daily mail
    i nominate vienna as well......cos she always looks at the broader angle of problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Vienna is a monster of politics as are a few others in d+d, and there are quite a few 'academic' types who are the dog's at maths, sciences blah di blah.

However comparing sciences and arts is comparing apples and oranges. Maybe we can come up with who 'knows most' about a particular field or who 'is best' at a particular subject, but we still wouldn't know who was absolutely the 'most intelligent' or 'cleverest'.

Is it better to be a jack of all trades and master of none, or a whizz at a particular field?
    you've got a point.......some people are better in some places and weak in others......you've made me wanna go against the whole thing! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Vienna is a monster of politics as are a few others in d+d, and there are quite a few 'academic' types who are the dog's at maths, sciences blah di blah.

However comparing sciences and arts is comparing apples and oranges. Maybe we can come up with who 'knows most' about a particular field or who 'is best' at a particular subject, but we still wouldn't know who was absolutely the 'most intelligent' or 'cleverest'.

Is it better to be a jack of all trades and master of none, or a whizz at a particular field?
    A jack of all trades of course :P

Besides, most subjects get tediously dull when you become a super super academic at them!

ReputationRep:
    if brain of UKL is for the one how helps loads in this forum, Fermat for me
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Maybe we can come up with who 'knows most' about a particular field or who 'is best' at a particular subject, but we still wouldn't know who was absolutely the 'most intelligent' or 'cleverest'.
    exactly - I might have oodles of stats and facts about uni's but that doesn't make me clever it just means I've got a kleptomaniac like memory grabbing anything just in case it's useful later.

I'm crap at countdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YekiM)
    I nominate Zapsta

Cus he always makes me look like an idiot.
    *Wonders who you are*

ReputationRep:
    I nominate: blissy.
    The reason: You're all thinking in terms of maths and science, and blissy is the shiznit at English and in general, and, isn't intellectually arrogant in any way (hence has a more complete mind than some).
    I agree with this, being a more English/History/Languages person myself, Blissy is a great ambassador for the academic arts and, as you point out, never boasts.

ReputationRep:
    I also nominate the silent clever people, who are very intelligent both academically and emotionally, but don't feel the need to tell everyone about it unlike some people on here.

They know who they are.

ReputationRep:
    i nominate boygenious

i know him, he owns you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaABB)
    i nominate boygenious

i know him, he owns you
    If he likes you he can't be very clever.

ReputationRep:
    fermat.

Puts in a lot of effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    fermat.

Puts in a lot of effort
    I agree with that one

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.