http://www.examsolutions.net/a-level.../s1-tutorials/
Indexed past papers:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...-maths-papers/
Solomon papers for practicing dififcult questions:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...rs/s1-solomon/
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameer99
Welcome to the S1 preperation thread for Edexcel, I thought i'd make this thread as I didn't see an official one anywhere.

Feel free to start asking and answering each others question on this page

Edexcel S1 Exam Date - 7 JUNE 2017

Useful Resources for Revision:

physics and maths tutor
examsolutions.net
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/alevelpapers.html

if you know of any other useful resources feel free to reply with an edit

Notes on all chapters:

http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/resourc...evision/S1.pdf

Exam solutions:
http://www.examsolutions.net/a-level.../s1-tutorials/
Solomon papers for practicing dififcult questions
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...-maths-papers/
Indexed past papers:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...rs/s1-solomon/
Reply 2
Anybody think this paper will be harder compared to previous years?
Reply 3
Original post by jsd26
Anybody think this paper will be harder compared to previous years?

dont think so.. was the jan 17 paper hard?
Without meaning to sound like a total dick how can they even make this stuff hard?

The only way I can see myself losing marks is if they make a question worded in such a way as to catch people out. Their was one video on exam solutions which showed how this can happen. But that wasn't really math that did it more the wording of it catches people out. I spoke they might have one or two odd questions like that maybe a 4 or five marker but really this stuff should be easy.

i think the important thing is practice and to make sure your familiar with the appropriate technical terms but seriously there is a lot lot harder math modules this stuff with the right prep 100 ums should be attainable for anyone. I usually always make a silly mistake or two so might slip to 90 etc on 70-72 marks but come on guys no one gets poor grades in this module do they?
Reply 5
Original post by Luke7456
Without meaning to sound like a total dick how can they even make this stuff hard?

The only way I can see myself losing marks is if they make a question worded in such a way as to catch people out. Their was one video on exam solutions which showed how this can happen. But that wasn't really math that did it more the wording of it catches people out. I spoke they might have one or two odd questions like that maybe a 4 or five marker but really this stuff should be easy.

i think the important thing is practice and to make sure your familiar with the appropriate technical terms but seriously there is a lot lot harder math modules this stuff with the right prep 100 ums should be attainable for anyone. I usually always make a silly mistake or two so might slip to 90 etc on 70-72 marks but come on guys no one gets poor grades in this module do they?

well.. without meaning to be rude..
some people make a lot more slip ups than one or two...
there are way harder modules... i agree.. this is the easiest module.. but it doesn't have to apply to everyone.... some people may find it hard.. who knows... . ( i don't mean myself.. but in general)
actually i decided i likely to make silly mistakes and stats is my baby this a chance for 100UMs but that wont happen if you need 75/75 because i will likely lose 3-5 marks of silly mistakes

I have studied S4 and S3 and S2 so S1 is a joke to me now. plus I have studied scenarios which are more complicated then A level stats modules though there are a few interesting and new things I have learned from some of the content in A level stats. S3 was a lot of fun shame i ****ed it due to anxiety and etc long story. 75 UMS in a stats module any stats module for me is an utter disaster but given the circumstances.

I really need to start picking up UMS marks and this will be my absolute best chance. as I said nothing they can throw at me is likely to trip me maybe frigidity stuff.

I want a brutal Paper a truly horrific paper which is really difficult for everyone because it wont be for me and will let me gain some marks.

I wont notice the difficulty difference anyway but I want to walk out of that exam and log on here and see everyone saying how brutal it was.

Btw I have exam clashes and etc basically due to my rest breaks for anxiety I go past the allotted time the exam center have the room for. So I have to be separated and put under invigilation between exams as morning exams are moved to the evening.

So I wont be here for comment until like 4pm on the 7th two big exams.

I have worked it out I need to get a B grade in FP2 which is going to be ****ing hell of a challenge but if I can do it I am safe and I need to take at least 90 UMS from S1 I want to gain a few marks for other modules.because I need four 90 modules so if I can take 95 or something here that gives me 5 marks leeway.
Reply 7
abc.PNG
Attachment not found
can't figure out what to do next??
Need help
I bloody hate S1.
Reply 9
Original post by Texxers12345
I bloody hate S1.

me too
Don't understand what's going on in questions
Reply 10

thanks, will add these links to my original post :smile:
Original post by sameer99
thanks, will add these links to my original post :smile:

yea sure no worries
happy to help

hope S1 exam is a bit easier than last year (I had a look at JUNE 2016)
I havent even started S1 lol
Think I will just sweat it out next week, 7am to 7pm? haha i need 100ums help omg imma die
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Luke7456
actually i decided i likely to make silly mistakes and stats is my baby this a chance for 100UMs but that wont happen if you need 75/75 because i will likely lose 3-5 marks of silly mistakes

I have studied S4 and S3 and S2 so S1 is a joke to me now. plus I have studied scenarios which are more complicated then A level stats modules though there are a few interesting and new things I have learned from some of the content in A level stats. S3 was a lot of fun shame i ****ed it due to anxiety and etc long story. 75 UMS in a stats module any stats module for me is an utter disaster but given the circumstances.

I really need to start picking up UMS marks and this will be my absolute best chance. as I said nothing they can throw at me is likely to trip me maybe frigidity stuff.

I want a brutal Paper a truly horrific paper which is really difficult for everyone because it wont be for me and will let me gain some marks.

I wont notice the difficulty difference anyway but I want to walk out of that exam and log on here and see everyone saying how brutal it was.

Btw I have exam clashes and etc basically due to my rest breaks for anxiety I go past the allotted time the exam center have the room for. So I have to be separated and put under invigilation between exams as morning exams are moved to the evening.

So I wont be here for comment until like 4pm on the 7th two big exams.

I have worked it out I need to get a B grade in FP2 which is going to be ****ing hell of a challenge but if I can do it I am safe and I need to take at least 90 UMS from S1 I want to gain a few marks for other modules.because I need four 90 modules so if I can take 95 or something here that gives me 5 marks leeway.

lol this is all coming from the hypothetical guy on the step thread :eek:

'hi guys ima retake student if i retake can i go cambridge plz, but i can't do step'
Original post by Apachai Hopachai

'hi guys ima retake student if i retake can i go cambridge plz, but i can't do step'

um im not a retake student. I am not resitting maths modules, I am doing A levels 10 years later to try and get into a decent university. I am not retaking anything its all new A levels and modules.

I am completely self taught and tried to teach myself Maths and Further Maths with Steps on top of a full time job for part of the year in one year.

regardless I actually prefer Warwick's course after looking into it more and it will be 9 grand cheaper. Plus I do not like the short terms.

People will always hate me they always assume the worst of me and they will always take a ridiculous spin on anything i say to try and make it sound worse. people are not fans of autistic people. So I am not going to worry about going to Oxbridge to proof them wrong. Warwick has longer terms more choice and will be cheaper.

Anyway I am just straight I find stats easy there are modules I find harder.

Anyway why are you even here? I mean I ask a lot of what if so I find my way around and I am self teaching everything in a year so i would be in the C1 thread as well as the FP2 thread etc. However this is not typical. It is not usual for someone who reads the STEPs threads to also read the S1 threads. This means your likely stalking me how sad, wasting your energy rooting against someone.
you know all you left wingers are the same and its just disgusting.
Reply 15
Why people don't answer the questions? ??
Reply 16
Original post by Apachai Hopachai

there's more to life than being savage 24/7 ...... i seen that thread on C2 unofficial mark scheme and to be fair, you were mostly right but mate could you just not be savage please
Original post by Qer
abc.PNG
Attachment not found
can't figure out what to do next??
Need help

Find an expression for P(B U C) :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Find an expression for P(B U C) :smile:

I just need to find intersection of B and C and rest of it will be easy
How to findicate intersection.?
Can you tell me
Original post by Qer
I just need to find intersection of B and C and rest of it will be easy
How to findicate intersection.?
Can you tell me

What do you think about the hint I gave you?

(Hint: what you said is correct)

Quick Reply

Latest