F321 26th may 2017

Watch this thread
Miminfl
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone retaking this unit?
madeleinewood
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miminfl)
Anyone retaking this unit?
Yep. Grade boundaries will be v high though as only retake students doing it?
Miminfl
Rep:
(Original post by madeleinewood)
Yep. Grade boundaries will be v high though as only retake students doing it?
I don't know the tbh, if the students do really good in the paper they r prob gonna be high maybe 52 or 53 for an A , I hope they be nice to us this year and keep it decent
Sunny775
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Can someone tell me the colour changes we need to remember
Miminfl
Rep:
(Original post by Sunny775)
Can someone tell me the colour changes we need to remember
The displacement reaction of halogens and precipitation reaction of halogens
Sunny775
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miminfl)
The displacement reaction of halogens and precipitation reaction of halogens
The displacement ones really confuse me. What exactly are they? it chnages form bk to book
Miminfl
Rep:
(Original post by Sunny775)
The displacement ones really confuse me. What exactly are they? it chnages form bk to book
Basically it's when a more reactive molecule displaces a less reactive molecule for example

Chlorine is more reactive than bromine and iodine so if you add cl2 gas into Nabr(Br-) and to NaI you'll get this

Cl2+2Br- -----> Br2 + 2Cl-

Colour change to orange and orange in cyclo hexane

The same principle applies to NaI
But the colour change is brown , and violet in cyclohexane.

Br2 is more reactive than than I
Etc
Iodine cannot displace neither becuz its less reactively than chlorine and bromine
a-spiringmedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
is everyone ready for tomorrow????
Miminfl
Rep:
(Original post by a-spiringmedic)
is everyone ready for tomorrow????
It depends of how the paper is gonna be for us retakers wbu?
Miminfl
Rep:
I really hope that too! I just wish the make the grade boundaries good
Miminfl
Rep:
Same tbh, done the past papers but not 5 times , I read through them , Yeahh they would prob do that , that's what I'm scared of
Miminfl
Rep:
Good luck to you too! And yeah hope it goes well 🤞🏻
ammaarah01x
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find it!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
factly
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Was ClO2 polar or non polar? How many boxes did everyone tick for this question? What's everyone's Grade boundary predictions?
KMML97
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I reckon it's gonna be 51 for an A. And I think it was polar

Posted from TSR Mobile
ammaarah01x
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by factly)
Was ClO2 polar or non polar? How many boxes did everyone tick for this question? What's everyone's Grade boundary predictions?
I think it's polar and I did all of them 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanishalaura
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by factly)
I said it was polar and ticked 2 of the boxes
Jellybeans00
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Guys what did you get for the volume of gas? What's was the value of X in the waters of crystallisation question.
Tanishalaura
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chanda01)
Was the question what molecules are polar or non-polar?

And what did you guys get for the group 2 metal we had to work out?
I got stuck on it for a bit but ended up with strontium I think
Tanishalaura
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jellybeans00)
Guys what did you get for the volume of gas? What's was the value of X in the waters of crystallisation question.
I got something like 1440cm^3 and 7 as x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads