The Student Room Group

AS AQA Business Studies PAPER 2 26 may 2017

does anyone have any predictions for tomorrows paper? also how did u find paper 1? and do u feeel ready for tomorrow?
Original post by daniannandale
does anyone have any predictions for tomorrows paper? also how did u find paper 1? and do u feeel ready for tomorrow?

Im stressing out! How do you revise for paper 2?! it's just a massive case study arghhh
Original post by XcamileonX
Im stressing out! How do you revise for paper 2?! it's just a massive case study arghhh

i agree!! i think as long as you know the theory so u can apply it to your answers..... omgg
guys!! Answers for the 9 and 16 markers are always in the case study. For the first paper this year I remember a question about why the businesses financial point is so bad and I literally found the answers in the case study, it was that his payable's were due in 21 days whereas his receivables were due in like 90 days so he has more money going out than coming in.

All you have to do is explain how it effects the business and you'll be fine. My teacher told me if you're getting above 10 on the 16 markers, you're getting around a B and your 16 and 9 markers are the ones that can effect the difference between the boundaries. I did a mock the other week and I got 4/10 on the multiple choice and i got like 8 out of 16 and managed a C. Also, if you can't answer a multiple choice either cross out the ones you know it possibly can't be so you're left with fewer choices or move onto the next one and carry on with the paper because more than likely it gives you the answer in a case study which could gain you a few more marks rather than just choosing a random one!!

Another tip with 9 and 16 markers, write a definition to get your A01 mark in the bag rather than the marker of the paper having to read through your answer to see if you understand what the question is asking such as

'To what extent is it important for Dough-nuts to consider the views of all of its stakeholders when making decisions?'
- You would explain what stakeholders are in the first paragraph then you would carry on as usual. We're taught this as it gains you at least 1 mark which could be the difference between a U and a E

If you're stuck with anything, just pm me or something because if i explain something to other people it also helps me revise!!
Original post by chariselizabeth
guys!! Answers for the 9 and 16 markers are always in the case study. For the first paper this year I remember a question about why the businesses financial point is so bad and I literally found the answers in the case study, it was that his payable's were due in 21 days whereas his receivables were due in like 90 days so he has more money going out than coming in.

All you have to do is explain how it effects the business and you'll be fine. My teacher told me if you're getting above 10 on the 16 markers, you're getting around a B and your 16 and 9 markers are the ones that can effect the difference between the boundaries. I did a mock the other week and I got 4/10 on the multiple choice and i got like 8 out of 16 and managed a C. Also, if you can't answer a multiple choice either cross out the ones you know it possibly can't be so you're left with fewer choices or move onto the next one and carry on with the paper because more than likely it gives you the answer in a case study which could gain you a few more marks rather than just choosing a random one!!

Another tip with 9 and 16 markers, write a definition to get your A01 mark in the bag rather than the marker of the paper having to read through your answer to see if you understand what the question is asking such as

'To what extent is it important for Dough-nuts to consider the views of all of its stakeholders when making decisions?'
- You would explain what stakeholders are in the first paragraph then you would carry on as usual. We're taught this as it gains you at least 1 mark which could be the difference between a U and a E

If you're stuck with anything, just pm me or something because if i explain something to other people it also helps me revise!!

thank you so much!! this is very useful!! do u think if i messed up really badly on paper 1 that i could make up for it tomorrow? best of luck to you, you seem to know your stuff so i'm sure you'll do great.
Original post by daniannandale
thank you so much!! this is very useful!! do u think if i messed up really badly on paper 1 that i could make up for it tomorrow? best of luck to you, you seem to know your stuff so i'm sure you'll do great.

Yeah you should be able to. Grade boundaries are said to be low since its a fairly new course. Just make sure you focus on your 9 and 16 markers though as that's where you'll gain a lot of marks.

Good Luck for you too!! I did it at GCSE and retained a lot from that so I'm fairly confident with theory. I just tend to struggle with things such as the Boston Matrix and the theories for motivation but I guess I'll be fine, no point stressing because my AS results will mean nothing to me in a year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest