Edexcel IGCSE maths paper 3HR May 2017

Watch
AnasOb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I couldnt find any thread for the regional paper for the edexcel maths exam so i thought i would start 😝 How did everyone find it? I personally found it trickier than normal, especially the second last question that asks us to prove that 2^(p+1) is a factor of N. I also think the last question was particularly time consuming. The chords question was particularly hard for me.
Futurechemist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pinkflowerfiry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah totally! The last question took me like 20 mins and even then I'm still not sure about my answer. The second last question was tricky as well but I got it by making p=2 (you can use any number greater than 1) and then substituting stuff and proving it. The paper wasn't that bad 🙂
amir_abeer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hm I thought the paper was okay... it was definitely easier than January 2017 exam.
The last question did take a lot of time and it was only 5 marks... I think it should have been like 6 or 7 marks. But it went well overall.
HarshMach
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If we can collate answers then we can try and make an unofficial markscheme
amir_abeer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HarshMach)
If we can collate answers then we can try and make an unofficial markscheme
Yeah good idea.
AnaBBelle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought that paper was pretty tough even the simultaneous equations was harder then usual
Dihyaaaa_142301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please guys we need an unofficial mark scheme
Dihyaaaa_142301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh yeah the paper was quite tough I must say the simultaneous equations were tough
I did solve it at home tho...
HarshMach
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys type in the questions that you remember. If u remember the question number that would be great if not just write the question down.
Dihyaaaa_142301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Simultaneous equation

Y^2 4x = 12
2x 3y = 10

not sure about question number
AnasOb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by amir_abeer)
Hm I thought the paper was okay... it was definitely easier than January 2017 exam.
The last question did take a lot of time and it was only 5 marks... I think it should have been like 6 or 7 marks. But it went well overall.
I agree it was much better than January 2017 i was surprised too that the last question was worth 5 marks only too 😝
Janxgs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone know the answer for the last question of the 3hr maths paper? Like it asks you what is S=?
HarshMach
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Janxgs)
Does anyone know the answer for the last question of the 3hr maths paper? Like it asks you what is S=?
6x^2-15x-38 I got this by using cosine rule and then as AB was 2BR I just times it by 2 to get the answer.
Dihyaaaa_142301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HarshMach)
6x^2-15x-38 I got this by using cosine rule and then as AB was 2BR I just times it by 2 to get the answer.
I got 3x^2 - 15x + 19 for AB and then I did times it by 2 but I wasnt sure about the ax^2+bx+c part, hopefully I will get method marks
achanhk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can anyone provide us a copy of Paper 3HR May 2017?
tanupatel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Practically it was good...it was just the last 3 questions.. The simultaneous was easy for me..I got the answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dihyaaaa_142301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there was a question about lines going through the circle from a point outside the circle. the two lines never crossed. I'm not sure about the values but I used a X b = c X d to answer. Not sure if that was correct
sszr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used it too and got 15cm as my answer. I think it was correct
HarshMach
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone remeber the indicies question (2nd last) in the paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads