S.soso98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did you guys find the paper? & can anyone post the unofficial mark scheme?
TYBHSM786
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ummm yh that was idk
not good i suppose
no joke i procastinate so much
u know how long and how i revised

in the last 1 hour 12:15pm started revision
and how i revised
i got the revision guide and just flicked through pages glancing at them for a matter of seconds
and i have done this for all my exams
got chemistry tomorrow might just do same thing
Emma160
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think it went that well and I might have missed the last double page😅 Does anyone know what the last questions were so I can try to figure out if I did it? It would be a great help
GenosseFotze
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The last question was a 3 marker on Meselson and Stahl's experiment. Something like 'Using the image above (a picture of 4 test tubes containing centrifuged DNA from different generations of bacteria), explain how Meselson and Stahl's experiment supported the idea of semi-conservative DNA replication.' It was the one where bacteria were placed in a lighter isotope of Nitrogen and left to replicate.
S.soso98
Rep:
?
(Original post by GenosseFotze)
The last question was a 3 marker on Meselson and Stahl's experiment. Something like 'Using the image above (a picture of 4 test tubes containing centrifuged DNA from different generations of bacteria), explain how Meselson and Stahl's experiment supported the idea of semi-conservative DNA replication.' It was the one where bacteria were placed in a lighter isotope of Nitrogen and left to replicate.
What did you write for that question? it confused me lol
S.soso98
Rep:
?
What did you guys write for that mammals needed glycogen and not glucose? and for the T test what value's did you guys get ?
GenosseFotze
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S.soso98)
What did you guys write for that mammals needed glycogen and not glucose? and for the T test what value's did you guys get ?
I wrote that because glycogen is insoluble, it won't get involved in any chemical reactions inside the liver cells as glucose would. The t-Test value was 3.83.

(Original post by S.soso98)
What did you write for that question? it confused me lol
God that's a tricky question to explain. I put that with each new generation (and therefore each new DNA replication) there were more light DNA molecules made. Since there were still heavy DNA molecules as well, it shows that in each new DNA molecule 1 of the 2 strands must have come from the old DNA molecule. Pretty sure I won't get full marks on that one.
S.soso98
Rep:
?
I wrote that because glycogen is insoluble, it won't get involved in any chemical reactions inside the liver cells as glucose would. The t-Test value was 3.83.

God that's a tricky question to explain. I put that with each new generation (and therefore each new DNA replication) there were more light DNA molecules made. Since there were still heavy DNA molecules as well, it shows that in each new DNA molecule 1 of the 2 strands must have come from the old DNA molecule. Pretty sure I won't get full marks on that one.
I wrote pretty much the same as you lool I wrote glycogen's insoluble and is a better energy store
GenosseFotze
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was always told to remember ICE:
Insoluble
Compact
Energy Efficient
S.soso98
Rep:
?
I was always told to remember ICE:
Insoluble
Compact
Energy Efficient
Wish i knew this before the exam lol :/
sophie_22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dod anyone else get D A D for first 3 MCQ's

Posted from TSR Mobile
joik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sophie_22)
Dod anyone else get D A D for first 3 MCQ's

Posted from TSR Mobile
the first one was C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads