The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Grade Boundaries

No-one knows what the boundaries will be.

Not even Edexcel or Ofqual will have an accurate idea until all three papers have been sat and marked. Any 'predictions' from teachers or other students are simply shots in the dark, and may or may not resemble the real grade boundaries.

If you are keen on getting a good grade, it would be best to focus on doing as well as you can in papers 2 and 3.

Paper 1 unoffical mark scheme: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4738628
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks for this - it is entirely true schools are predicting (using all kinds of different models) what the grade boundaries will be, however ultimately schools have no idea.

The one thing we do know is the results this year will be "mapped" onto last year's. So the same percentage of people who got a C last year will get a 4 or above this year. The same applies at either A-->7 or A*-->8, however I can't remember which.

The grade boundaries will likely be lower this year than last, due to the difficulty of the paper increasing. However, no one knows for sure. And no one will know until all papers are marked and the results centrally analysed.
I know the grade boundries and it is 100% 40 marks for a 5
Original post by Jaybee123345
I know the grade boundries and it is 100% 40 marks for a 5

No one knows the grade boundaries inc the government so unless youre doing some juju crap lol u dont know.
It's best not to worry about grade boundaries at this point in time. Just focus on your other two Maths exams and keep your fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending