Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am selecting my uni choices and I am stuck on 5. I want to do straight maths, but the uni needs strong music stuff and my choices so far are:

Cambridge
    Imperial
    Warwick
    Bath
    UCL

I dont know what else to have. Thinking about nottingham/bristol/york???? But i dont know. Wont be able to visit any before the deadline

ReputationRep:
    Go for Nottingham or Leeds, as your friends will probably be there, and the offer might be nice.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest Birmingham - 3rd for Maths and 6th for Music in the Times guide. Check out this site - Brimgham gets great reviews - think the reviews are written by the students who go there. The site has reviews of every uni and also includes the social aspects, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol's a generally lovely place, with more going on than York and more integrated into the city centre than Nottingham. Check out the alternative prospectus for a good feel of uni life there - the entry for Maths is at http://www.bris.ac.uk/union/altprosp...ects/sci/maths There's also info on societies and other opportunities at www.ubu.org.uk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)
    I am selecting my uni choices and I am stuck on 5. I want to do straight maths, but the uni needs strong music stuff and my choices so far are:

Cambridge
    Imperial
    Warwick
    Bath
    UCL

I dont know what else to have. Thinking about nottingham/bristol/york???? But i dont know. Wont be able to visit any before the deadline
    Nottingham's got a good music scene, what instrument do you play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Nottingham's got a good music scene, what instrument do you play?
    Piano with CertGSMD diploma (throwing that in everywhere now!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)

Cambridge
    Imperial
    Warwick
    Bath
    UCL

I suggest you go for a less popular one that needs lower grades just in case everything goes wrong! (that's the advice I was given anyway)

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.