The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Go for Nottingham or Leeds, as your friends will probably be there, and the offer might be nice. :wink:
Reply 2
I would suggest Birmingham - 3rd for Maths and 6th for Music in the Times guide. Check out this site - Brimgham gets great reviews - think the reviews are written by the students who go there. The site has reviews of every uni and also includes the social aspects, etc.
Reply 3
Bristol's a generally lovely place, with more going on than York and more integrated into the city centre than Nottingham. Check out the alternative prospectus for a good feel of uni life there - the entry for Maths is at http://www.bris.ac.uk/union/altprospectus/subjects/sci/maths :smile: There's also info on societies and other opportunities at www.ubu.org.uk.
Womble548
I am selecting my uni choices and I am stuck on 5. I want to do straight maths, but the uni needs strong music stuff and my choices so far are:

Cambridge
Imperial
Warwick
Bath
UCL

I dont know what else to have. Thinking about nottingham/bristol/york???? But i dont know. Wont be able to visit any before the deadline :frown:

Nottingham's got a good music scene, what instrument do you play?
Reply 5
ChemistBoy
Nottingham's got a good music scene, what instrument do you play?

Piano with CertGSMD diploma :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (throwing that in everywhere now!)
Reply 6
Womble548
I am selecting my uni choices and I am stuck on 5. I want to do straight maths, but the uni needs strong music stuff and my choices so far are:

Cambridge
Imperial
Warwick
Bath
UCL

I dont know what else to have. Thinking about nottingham/bristol/york???? But i dont know. Wont be able to visit any before the deadline :frown:

I suggest you go for a less popular one that needs lower grades just in case everything goes wrong! (that's the advice I was given anyway)

Latest

Trending

Trending