The Student Room Group

Ocr as biology breadth paper

Hey guys! How did everyone find it?
Couldn't find a thread about it yet so I thought I'd start my own :smile:
What are people's predictions for the Depth paper?
Reply 1
I think it was okay but when my teacher went through the paper after (so annoying!) I got a couple wrong. The one about the bonds holding the sugar and phosphate backbone in DNA was annoying. I can't remember what I put but the answer was phosphodiester bonds. The ATP question (I think it was name two molecules other than phosphate which make up ATP) was ribose and adenosine. I said adenosine but left the other blank. Ribose! seriously! That was a very hard question. What did you think of the exam? My teacher said that there may be quite a lot on the Biological Molecules topic in the depth paper as not much was on it, in the breadth paper. Also, my friend thinks that something on fish gills may come up. Good luck! Depth is the one I tend to do worse on so I'm stressing a bit but we've got a week of half term to practice, so hopefully I'll be okay. Hate that I have to be in my lessons, especially since I've only got this exam left. The other lessons are so pointless. In geography we've already started A2, its so annoying. My heart and head are not really in it. Wish I could just be at home revising for the biology but at least half term's here. Wish we could be on holiday as soon as the exams are over like we were for GCSEs. I'm annoyed with the school. Just revising a lot. Hope your school's less annoying. Good luck for the exam on 6th June. I'm sure you'll be okay.
(edited 6 years ago)
It was okay overall I think.
Reply 3
Original post by a.o
I think it was okay but when my teacher went through the paper after (so annoying!) I got a couple wrong. The one about the bonds holding the sugar and phosphate backbone in DNA was annoying. I can't remember what I put but the answer was phosphodiester bonds. The ATP question (I think it was name two molecules other than phosphate which make up ATP) was ribose and adenosine. I said adenosine but left the other blank. Ribose! seriously! That was a very hard question. What did you think of the exam? My teacher said that there may be quite a lot on the Biological Molecules topic in the depth paper as not much was on it, in the breadth paper. Also, my friend thinks that something on fish gills may come up. Good luck! Depth is the one I tend to do worse on so I'm stressing a bit but we've got a week of half term to practice, so hopefully I'll be okay. Hate that I have to be in my lessons, especially since I've only got this exam left. The other lessons are so pointless. In geography we've already started A2, its so annoying. My heart and head are not really in it. Wish I could just be at home revising for the biology but at least half term's here. Wish we could be on holiday as soon as the exams are over like we were for GCSEs. I'm annoyed with the school. Just revising a lot. Hope your school's less annoying. Good luck for the exam on 6th June. I'm sure you'll be okay.

Just want to say that the ATP questions was Adenine (nitrogen) base and ribose sugar, not adenosine
Reply 4
Original post by adicas11
Just want to say that the ATP questions was Adenine (nitrogen) base and ribose sugar, not adenosine

would you get the mark for 'nitrogenous base - in brackets nitrogen'?
Reply 5
Original post by MKaur18
would you get the mark for 'nitrogenous base - in brackets nitrogen'?

Depends on how specific the mark scheme is. I would assume so as i dont they they would expect us to know that ATP has an adenine base
Reply 6
Yeah biology can get picky like that.. :frown: how many exams have you got left? my friend has already finished hers.. i've got 4 left.. aaah
Depends on how specific the mark scheme is. I would assume so as i dont they they would expect us to know that ATP has an adenine base
Reply 7
Original post by MKaur18
Yeah biology can get picky like that.. :frown: how many exams have you got left? my friend has already finished hers.. i've got 4 left.. aaah

5 left with 4 consecutive tests
Reply 8
exactly the same.
Reply 9
Original post by MKaur18
exactly the same.

What subjects and exam boards are you
Reply 10
Oh well... my teacher said adenosine would still get a mark
Reply 11
I've only got the biology depth exam left
Reply 12

4 consecutive tests... sounds like hell... hopefully one day after the other not all on the same day. Sounds awful. Good luck! I had 3 on one day for GCSEs last year. Glad that's over.
Reply 13
I'm studying OCR. This thread is only for OCR.
Wasnt it adenine nitrogenous base and ribose sugar?
I messed up on the calculations, lost 4 marks on the one markers and the dna question about nitrogen isotopes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shohaib712
Wasnt it adenine nitrogenous base and ribose sugar?
I messed up on the calculations, lost 4 marks on the one markers and the dna question about nitrogen isotopes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone have the depth 2016 paper? Can someone email it to me please?
Reply 16
Original post by MKaur18
Does anyone have the depth 2016 paper? Can someone email it to me please?

I only have it on paper. Google it though and see if it's online.
(edited 6 years ago)
IT isnt.. 😒
Original post by a.o
I only have it on paper. Google it though and see if it's online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending