Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If you gamble everyday and take money from people just to gamble
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don think gamblers anonymous approve of using the word cured. You cna get it under control but you are always a recovering addict.

https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
I don think gamblers anonymous approve of using the word cured. You cna get it under control but you are always a recovering addict.

https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/
It's not for me it's for my mum
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
It's not for me it's for my mum
http://www.gamcare.org.uk/get-suppor...nds-and-family
Anonymous #1
I told her get help time ago she said she don't need help
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
I told her get help time ago she said she don't need help
Talk ti Gamcare that is the sister organsation for friends and family. She wont stop until she wants to. Its a nasty destructive addiction, depending how bad it is. Contact them and take their advice.
Anonymous #1
Talk ti Gamcare that is the sister organsation for friends and family. She wont stop until she wants to. Its a nasty destructive addiction, depending how bad it is. Contact them and take their advice.
Do they have a live chat service and yeah it is bad she gambles nearly every night she won 1k and lost £1k in 1 day over a year ago
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Do they have a live chat service and yeah it is bad she gambles nearly every night she won 1k and lost £1k in 1 day over a year ago
Did you bother clicking on the link I sent?
Anonymous #1
Did you bother clicking on the link I sent?
Yeah I'm on live chat I'm waiting for an advisor now
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'm on live chat I'm waiting for an advisor now
Id have thought phone would be better. More immediate.
Anonymous #1
Id have thought phone would be better. More immediate.
Yeah I just rang them the woman said gambling is a very hard thing to overcome and I should get mum to take a assessment and talk to them I also should stop transferring mum money
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I just rang them the woman said gambling is a very hard thing to overcome and I should get mum to take a assessment and talk to them I also should stop transferring mum money
The point is t helps to talk to someone who knows what you are talking about because theyve experienced it. I think it will be very hard for your mum to admit to you she has a problem. Its a very sad addiction . Keep your money safe, maybe hide it if need be. maybe see if theres a local branch of Gamcare and you can visit them when you need to talk to someone if it gets bad.
Anonymous #1
The point is t helps to talk to someone who knows what you are talking about because theyve experienced it. I think it will be very hard for your mum to admit to you she has a problem. Its a very sad addiction . Keep your money safe, maybe hide it if need be. maybe see if theres a local branch of Gamcare and you can visit them when you need to talk to someone if it gets bad.
Yeah I know gambling is very very crippling disease to cope with 😢, when it's too late she'll realise and I do she only does online gambling and yeah I think there's 1 local I live in London btw
momo_is_here
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Were you not on here before? Your mum gambling on slot machines?

Anyways try and get her to transfer onto the stock market, it's gambling where the odds are in your favour.
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I know gambling is very very crippling disease to cope with 😢, when it's too late she'll realise and I do she only does online gambling and yeah I think there's 1 local I live in London btw
I just think mixing with others who have the same experience will help the stress. The online is bad because theres no control. make sure she doesnt mortgage the house if you own it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by momo_is_here)
Were you not on here before? Your mum gambling on slot machines?

Anyways try and get her to transfer onto the stock market, it's gambling where the odds are in your favour.
She gambles on online slots and she's not into all that
momo_is_here
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She gambles on online slots and she's not into all that
She will get a kick out of the stock market, but in the long run it will work in her favour. Just make her buy stocks listed on the FTSE 100 or S&P 500.
Anonymous #1
I just think mixing with others who have the same experience will help the stress. The online is bad because theres no control. make sure she doesnt mortgage the house if you own it.
Your right it's good to have people support you and trust me you can gamble 24/7 and we live in a flat mum don't work so the rents is cheap it's a new build aswell
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Your right it's good to have people support you and trust me you can gamble 24/7 and we live in a flat mum don't work so the rents is cheap it's a new build aswell
Maybe print off some literature an leave it around. Not much but the phone number.

Do you know if she is heavily in debt? If its getting worse then thats where I might comment.
Anonymous #1
Maybe print off some literature an leave it around. Not much but the phone number.

Do you know if she is heavily in debt? If its getting worse then thats where I might comment.
Don't have a printer and yeah she was overdrawn by a grand at 1 time and yeah she gambles a lot more than before
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
47.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
14.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
14.29%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
4.76%
I haven't started researching yet (1)
4.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
14.29%

Watched Threads