The Student Room Group

Student FInance Help

So for 4 months last year I studied at an american university full time. I didn't receive any qualifications and dropped out after one semester. I have a few questions about declaring this on student finance.

1. Do I have to declare that I lived abroad or will it count as a temporary trip as it was only for 4 months?

2. Do I have to declare that I've previously studied for a degree?

Thanks
Original post by munchbunchh
So for 4 months last year I studied at an american university full time. I didn't receive any qualifications and dropped out after one semester. I have a few questions about declaring this on student finance.

1. Do I have to declare that I lived abroad or will it count as a temporary trip as it was only for 4 months?

Thanks

officially you should declare both yes.
Reply 2
Original post by munchbunchh

You do need to declare it yes. However if you can prove that you were only there on a temporary/study visa, and that you maintained a home in the UK throughout (registered to vote, registered with GP/dentist, UK bank account, UK permanent address etc) then you should be accepted as a Home/UK student.

Yes. However as everybody gets Length of course + 1 year of Student Finance, then you will still have enough funding for a full degree course in the UK as long as you qualify for it as above. Your partial year at uni in the US will be counted as a complete year by SF, so if you find yourself having to repeat a year, you would have to fund the repeat year yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest