The Student Room Group

Went 1 Word Word over Word Limit - Does it matter?

Hi, I'm doing an ICT exam for OCR tomorrow and the word limit is 500. I'm unsure whether that includes the title as it does not specify, but including the title it equals 501 words which is 1 word over. Would this actually matter?
Original post by Much118
Hi, I'm doing an ICT exam for OCR tomorrow and the word limit is 500. I'm unsure whether that includes the title as it does not specify, but including the title it equals 501 words which is 1 word over. Would this actually matter?

I generally wouldnt include titles so you should be fine :smile:
Generally the title, headings and anything in tables doesn't count towards the word count.
Original post by Much118

I personally don't think that one word is going to make any difference, so I think it's OK
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I generally wouldnt include titles so you should be fine :smile:

I assume that's the case. Do examiners always count the word count? I assume that'd take way too long.
Reply 5
Thanks, all. This has relieved the sudden stress that I jsut had. Thank you. :smile:
If it is counted they wouldnt do it by hand but i wouldnt worry about it
Original post by Much118
I assume that's the case. Do examiners always count the word count? I assume that'd take way too long.
Normally you get away with 10% over/under
Reply 8
Original post by Guru Jason
Normally you get away with 10% over/under

I assumed as much.I seriously don't think they'd penalise me for being one mark over, surely. Either way, they can't subtract all marks if I'm one word over, which includes the title as well! That's not the main body of text! Sounds like I'm in the safe zone then. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest