Plagiarism in English GCSE Watch

velvetzappa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I totally plagiarized soMeone's work in my exam. The literature exam was on Monday and the morning before I read an exemplar for a Macbeth question. Monday evening I re read the answer and I realise I wrote word to word for some parts. I think 65% of my answer was that question. I didn't even mean to do that at all. I just have a terribly good memory. What will happen to me? Will the exam board disqualify me?
Ninagabriella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's ok they won't do anything seriously but maybe try to ur different words it's not your fault they honestly won't do anything
Kappadikandai
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by velvetzappa)
I totally plagiarized soMeone's work in my exam. The literature exam was on Monday and the morning before I read an exemplar for a Macbeth question. Monday evening I re read the answer and I realise I wrote word to word for some parts. I think 65% of my answer was that question. I didn't even mean to do that at all. I just have a terribly good memory. What will happen to me? Will the exam board disqualify me?
Did anything happen?
velvetzappa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Kappadikandai)
Did anything happen?
No. I got a grade 9 instead. Best in that year. Gosh I wish I could say that for the forthcoming a levels.
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Doesn't plagiarism only really matter at university? Not sure about A levels, because I'm doing GCSEs atm.
Kappadikandai
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No. I got a grade 9 instead. Best in that year. Gosh I wish I could say that for the forthcoming a levels.
Some help would be appreciated, I'm in yr 11 now and I am struggling with both my english lit and lang. Any tips or anything?
velvetzappa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anthos)
Doesn't plagiarism only really matter at university? Not sure about A levels, because I'm doing GCSEs atm.
I don't want to plagiarize in my a-levels lol, I'm taking all maths subjects I don't know how I would be able to plagiarize with those. I mean I wish I could say best in the class for the coming a-levels.
velvetzappa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kappadikandai)
Some help would be appreciated, I'm in yr 11 now and I am struggling with both my english lit and lang. Any tips or anything?
All I did was just read books I enjoyed, not even related to the books we did in the course - I didn't even read those apart from in class. But I enjoy classics anyway. Then I watched MrBruff, I only used him as my teacher was useless and Mr Bruff was a god. He helped understand the exam structure and the exemplars were brilliant. That's all really, that all it took to get a grade 9 back then.
As for language, I'm not really sure about it, I winged it and got a 7, I suppose it would've been higher had I put in actual effort. I'm not sure what I did to get that grade. I suppose I've always enjoyed English itself to some extent and that's why I didn't fail. Even today, despite a-levels, I'm still a bookworm and a little obsessed with the structure of languages themselves. Probably should've taken a-level English instead of Physics. God, make sure to pick your options wisely.
kapslock16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
All I did was just read books I enjoyed, not even related to the books we did in the course - I didn't even read those apart from in class. But I enjoy classics anyway. Then I watched MrBruff, I only used him as my teacher was useless and Mr Bruff was a god. He helped understand the exam structure and the exemplars were brilliant. That's all really, that all it took to get a grade 9 back then.
As for language, I'm not really sure about it, I winged it and got a 7, I suppose it would've been higher had I put in actual effort. I'm not sure what I did to get that grade. I suppose I've always enjoyed English itself to some extent and that's why I didn't fail. Even today, despite a-levels, I'm still a bookworm and a little obsessed with the structure of languages themselves. Probably should've taken a-level English instead of Physics. God, make sure to pick your options wisely.
Thanks for the reply, but just wondering how did you "plagiarise"?
velvetzappa
Rep:
?
(Original post by kapslock16)
Thanks for the reply, but just wondering how did you "plagiarise"?
I remembered Mr Bruff's exemplars, although I didn't memorize them nor make any effort to learn them, they stuck to me and I realized afterwards that I had written almost verbatim, his essays in my exams.
Eq Liang
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anthos)
Is this true? In regards to coursework that is
Last edited by Eq Liang; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (276)
15.44%
The paper was reasonable (993)
55.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (384)
21.49%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
7.5%

Watched Threads