Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to apply for any kind of student loan for someone starting uni next month?

If not then how do you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KR2004)
    Is it too late to apply for any kind of student loan for someone starting uni next month?

If not then how do you apply?
    you need to contact your LEA and get them to send you a PN1 form, or you can down load one from the net.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the form:

www.haringey.gov.uk/ pn1-form-04-05-application_form_for_new_student s.pdf

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/formsandguides

Theres another link to get the relevant forms...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't sent mine off either. Feel like a right muppet now. Genuinely thought I'd flunked my exams though as I was ill, but shockingly I've got into uni! Going to try and send it off asap.

ReputationRep:
    It's not too late but you may not get your loan until the 3rd 4th week of your course.

Don't panic, I'm a part time student and the part time forms have yet to appear on the web or at my LEA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    It's not too late but you may not get your loan until the 3rd 4th week of your course.

Don't panic, I'm a part time student and the part time forms have yet to appear on the web or at my LEA.
    Thanks for the reassurance My parents will be able to lend me money to get by, so I should be okay if my loan is delayed.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: its late applicants like you guys who caused the loan system to screw up after being overloaded with late requests. What have you guys been doing? :confused:

Oh, and good luck with first years at uni

ReputationRep:
    I delayed and delayed sending off my PN1 - did it two and a half weeks ago. Got my LEA assessment and stuff from the SLC through last Thursday and Friday, so you might get it all done in time for term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    :rolleyes: its late applicants like you guys who caused the loan system to screw up after being overloaded with late requests. What have you guys been doing? :confused:

Oh, and good luck with first years at uni
    I know. I filled in all my sections of my form in June, then passed it over to my mum to do her bit. She took forever over it. Then we had great trouble finding evidence that my parents are separated (they're not divorced but have been living separately for 2yrs) so had to seek out copies of individual lease agreements. Then she had trouble getting a document from work for her earnings. Then it took us a small eternity to get the evidence of her penson contributions together. Because pretty much everything we needed was at my dad's (and he was away for the whole of July), everytime i needed a copy of a document it took ages to ask him, get him to find it and then get him to send it to me. And so it goes on, all the while me thinking i wasn't getting into uni anyway so no urgency. It's been a whole lot of conflicting circumstances really im sick of the sight of the form, lol!

ReputationRep:
    Ah well i got mine in before the deadline and still not heard anything other than login and password. Phoned them up but they jsut fobbed me off with some stupid excuse. Really quite worrying now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ste2k4)
    Ah well i got mine in before the deadline and still not heard anything other than login and password. Phoned them up but they jsut fobbed me off with some stupid excuse. Really quite worrying now!
    No need to worry, I've not got anything other than the login/pass. Some LEA's are behind because of the new system and the fact that they have more students than other LEA's to process. It was said though that every student who applied before the deadline will recieve it before they go off to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Considering I put my application in before the deadline and my LEA has the lowest amount of students applying for university and loans, its pretty worrying that my application still hasn't been processed.

I so don't know what to do, I leave in a week and a half and all I have is a login and password :confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.