Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by study beats)
i need help please.

please reply or message me please

thanks
Post your class diagram here with the specification that you have, I'll try to help you
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Post your class diagram here with the specification that you have, I'll try to help you
hi, thanks so much for wanting to help

basically i am making this virtual reality electronic learning application, where the user will be able to move around and then click on a planet, once they click a website opens up with the information on that planet .

oh and also when the webpage opens up, they can then also navigate to more information such as watch a video, take a quiz or see information about the planets moons.

Name:  class diagram for project.png
Views: 836
Size:  65.5 KB
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi, thanks so much for wanting to help

basically i am making this virtual reality electronic learning application, where the user will be able to move around and then click on a planet, once they click a website opens up with the information on that planet .

oh and also when the webpage opens up, they can then also navigate to more information such as watch a video, take a quiz or see information about the planets moons.

Name:  class diagram for project.png
Views: 836
Size:  65.5 KB
It sort of helps if you have a use case diagram as well. Your class diagram is based off your use case diagram.

To me it looks okay for a first draft, I've personally never used aggregation in a class diagram before so wouldn't know how to help there. But there are a lot of improvements to be made.

Some things to point out
  • Player interacts with the map so there should be a relationship between Map and Player
  • If this is gonna be for a final year project you really should be looking at the Boundary, Control, Entity model. A lot of these like SoundManager and VideoManager are classed as a controller which interacts with an entity. This means a video is a class, and so would sound and texture, each containing attributes of their own. The webpage itself would be a class too.
  • What is the application control, is it a form of GUI?
  • You are missing a quiz class as well. Why is quiz an attribute in your planet object?
  • You might want to rethink your attributes. Make sure you uniquely identify your entities with ID values, e.g. player, planets and map (if there are multiple maps)
  • Is there a database which holds the information? if so, you need to include this in your class diagram.
  • Operations and attributes should ideally begin with a lowercase letter. Classes begin with an uppercase letter.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
It sort of helps if you have a use case diagram as well. Your class diagram is based off your use case diagram.

To me it looks okay for a first draft, I've personally never used aggregation in a class diagram before so wouldn't know how to help there. But there are a lot of improvements to be made.

Some things to point out
  • Player interacts with the map so there should be a relationship between Map and Player
  • If this is gonna be for a final year project you really should be looking at the Boundary, Control, Entity model. A lot of these like SoundManager and VideoManager are classed as a controller which interacts with an entity. This means a video is a class, and so would sound and texture, each containing attributes of their own. The webpage itself would be a class too.
  • What is the application control, is it a form of GUI?
  • You are missing a quiz class as well. Why is quiz an attribute in your planet object?
  • You might want to rethink your attributes. Make sure you uniquely identify your entities with ID values, e.g. player, planets and map (if there are multiple maps)
  • Is there a database which holds the information? if so, you need to include this in your class diagram.
  • Operations and attributes should ideally begin with a lowercase letter. Classes begin with an uppercase letter.
wow thanks

i will surely look into it, what would be the attributes for quiz?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
wow thanks

i will surely look into it, what would be the attributes for quiz?
Depends on how you've done your quiz but something like
  1. quizID
  2. question
  3. answers
  4. correctAnswer
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Depends on how you've done your quiz but something like
  1. quizID
  2. question
  3. answers
  4. correctAnswer
cheers bro
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
cheers bro
Are you doing the other UML diagrams like sequence, use case, etc..?
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Are you doing the other UML diagrams like sequence, use case, etc..?
yes i have done use case and activity diagram too...and also one simple wireframe
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yes i have done use case and activity diagram too...and also one simple wireframe
Okay, use case should help here in your class diagram.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Okay, use case should help here in your class diagram.
do you want to see the use case too?

also i have been looking into bootstrap like you said to make a website, i have looked at some tutorials online and it looks like its going to take a long time and also really complicated...is there any template i can use?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
do you want to see the use case too?

also i have been looking into bootstrap like you said to make a website, i have looked at some tutorials online and it looks like its going to take a long time and also really complicated...is there any template i can use?
If you want, but remember if you create new classes in your class diagrams, you'll have to add them to your use case diagram too.

Bootstrap allows you to use any online template that uses Boostrap if you have the files on your website. Which part are you stuck on?
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
If you want, but remember if you create new classes in your class diagrams, you'll have to add them to your use case diagram too.

Bootstrap allows you to use any online template that uses Boostrap if you have the files on your website. Which part are you stuck on?
well , my domain model and use case diagram only share some of the same stuff.......

also for the bootstrap thing , i am using the CDN instead, which basically uses an active internet connection to get all the bootstrap classes. All i need is a pre-made template i suppose?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
well , my domain model and use case diagram only share some of the same stuff.......

also for the bootstrap thing , i am using the CDN instead, which basically uses an active internet connection to get all the bootstrap classes. All i need is a pre-made template i suppose?
If you are already importing the bootstrap classes in your html file, all you need to do is copy and paste some HTML code (like a navigation bar or menu) into your body of your website and the styles should be displayed.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
If you are already importing the bootstrap classes in your html file, all you need to do is copy and paste some HTML code (like a navigation bar or menu) into your body of your website and the styles should be displayed.
ok , i see what you mean, just use the templates provided by bootstraps website?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ok , i see what you mean, just use the templates provided by bootstraps website?
You can use any HTML template that uses bootstrap

Try the one below
https://bootsnipp.com/
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)

Try the one below
hi, in the end i have decided to just use simple html to create a html layout....thanks for your help.

however i do now need help with some javascript code, would you be able to help, let me know thanks.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)

Try the one below
hi , can you tell me how to use it?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi , can you tell me how to use it?
Click on the template you want and then there should be a blue menu at the top with options like "HTML, "CSS". Click on them and just copy + paste the code into your HTML page. CSS should go in a CSS file though, then you just reference your CSS file in the HTML page using <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme.css">

tags...
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Click on the template you want and then there should be a blue menu at the top with options like "HTML, "CSS". Click on them and just copy + paste the code into your HTML page. CSS should go in a CSS file though, then you just reference your CSS file in the HTML page using <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme.css">

tags...
bootsnipp doesnt seem to have any templates, where else can i look to get one..

i wanna be able to edit it too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads