The Student Room Group

Lord of the flies themes and quotes

I need some help on remembering themes and linking quotes with them. I have 3 hours, help.
Reply 1
Use a memory technique such as story method to remember 10-20 quotes in literally 15 minutes or less. Basically, write the quotes down as a list. Look at the first quote and create a vivid picture in your head. E.g my first quote is "Maybe there is a beast ... maybe it's only us". I literally visualise a wild beast roaming around. For the next quote, create an image that links with the first. E.g my second quote is "Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Bash her in.". For that I visualise the beast being attacked. Third, "You should've seen the blood!". For this I visualise a lot of blood spurting out. Easy.
characters such as simon ralph or jack, but not piggy because he was in a specimen. and themes like darkness of mans heart, and society, etc.
Reply 3
Try to find a few quotes that apply to multiple areas - character and a few themes perhaps? I have a feeling the character will be Simon (don't... 'quote' me on that :wink: ), it maybe is just because I have the least to say about him, in terms of quotes. There are a number of different sites that list a few quotes for each theme, these are quite helpful.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow (and I'm so happy there's a choice of which task to do!)

Quick Reply

Latest