The Student Room Group

Can I defer my student finance application?

I am about to apply for student finance for 2017/2018 since I have received offers for this year. However, I am almost certainly going to defer my uni application to 2018/2019 entry. Can you defer a student loan the same way you can defer an application or do I have to wait until next year to apply for a loan for 2018/2019?
Need to know soon!!
Thanks,
Marc
I had to cancel mine and reapply if this helps x
Reply 2
Original post by Supernova91
I had to cancel mine and reapply if this helps x

so because I'm not 100% sure about deferring I should apply normally and cancel it later when I am sure?
Original post by Marcicus
so because I'm not 100% sure about deferring I should apply normally and cancel it later when I am sure?

You would have to make another application for 18/19
Reply 4

I would apply as normal now and cancel it if you need to. It's easier than deciding to go to uni this year and applying for SF late - that way, you might not get your funding before the start of your course.

I'd say so , just because you don't want to risk not getting the funds on time if you were to go ahead with studying this year .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending